Chapter 88: Fierce

Y/n Pov:

We sat in the great hall, before Dumbledore for Cedric's tribute. I sat in between Harry and Mione, and guilt stung me like a bee.

"Today we acknowledge, a very terrible loss" Professor Dumbledore said. "Cedric Diggory as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend" he continued.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort!"

Tears brimmed in my eyes again, and the guilt stung worse.

"The ministry, does not wish me to tell you this! But not to do so would be an insult to his memory, and all the pain we all fell at this loss, which reminds me, which reminds us, while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one"

"In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship this year are more important then ever! Remember that Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that!" Professor Dumbledore finished.

"I call upon Y/n Black from the house of Slytherin on request of the late Cedric Diggory's father" he added.

I got up and walked to the front, tears rolling down my cheeks again. I felt eyes trail me as I walked to the front.

"Mr Diggory wanted me to write an eulogy of sorts for Cedric" I said. "I wrote one, but I want to go with whatever I can think off" I added. I took a deep breath and started.

"Cedric was murdered right in front of my eyes. One second his wand was up, to stand and fight against the enemy, the next second he was on the floor, dead. The guilt from his death stings me worse than a wasp. I could have done something to prevent it.. but I didn't, instead I was weak and he's dead. I don't know whether this was real or not, but I saw him after he died. It could have just been a concussion, but I remember him talking to me, making sure I would tell his father that he loved him, and making me promise to take care of his father. Cedric was courageous, fierce and formidable, but he was also kind and caring.To his father, he was a son. To some, a brother and to most, a friend. That is what Voldemort took from us today, he took away our one of our own. People say that the ones you love and cherish always live in your heart, and I'm starting to believe that. If you listen close enough, you can still hear his laughter in the great hall. We lost one of our brightest stars on earth today, but heaven gained an angel. I'll miss him, like all of us will, but he will live on. Today we are not here to think about his death, we are here to celebrate and honor his life, just like how he would have wanted"