seventy one - summons

“Kagami went to America?” Sasaki looked at Riko with wide eyes as she explained why the redhead was missing.

“When?” Izuki asked.

“Our school has a short-term study abroad program,” The coach told them, “Our sister school is in Los Angeles, where Kagami-kun used to live. Apparently, he has a master there who taught him basketball.”

“A master?” Furihata spoke up in surprise.

“I haven’t heard anything about this,” Hyuuga said.

“I just found out last night,” Riko stalked towards Kuroko, and Sasaki lunged out of the way. The movement caught her eye, and as one hand went to vise grip Kuroko’s head, the other pitched Sasaki’s ear. “This year’s first years have really been coming and going as they please,” She grinned angrily. “It’s like they’re messing around with me.”

“I swear I’m not, please let go—”

“You’re the worst out of all of them, Sasaki-kun, so just shut up and take it like a good little boy!”

“Why me?” The blue haired phantom whimpered, “I’m sorry!”

“Well,” Hyuuga spoke up, “If he’s going to come back stronger, I can’t complain.”

“Captain help me! Riko-san’s gonna rip my ear off!”

“Well you deserve it, moron!”

“Waaaaaaaa!”

“Okay,” Kagetora stepped up the next day. “Go play cops and robbers.”

“Again?”

“Losers will do double the strength training,” He said, looking kind of tired.

“Yes sir!” The team echoed before going to do just as he’d said.  A second later, Riko entered the gym.

“How are they, dad?” She asked.

“Riko!” The dude immediately brightened up, “Today you’re exceptionally—”

“I don’t care about that! Well?!” She punched him in the face again after he attempted to latch onto her.

“They just have to do what they have to do,” He massaged his nose. “On weekends they improve their stamina with fartlek sessions. On weekdays, they
improve their individual skills. How much more they’ll improve in half a month is up to them.”

“Endurance training aside,” Riko leaned against the stage. “Can they really master special moves in less than a month?”

“The first years can’t, but the second years.. they’ll probably be able to. Hayate can, but he doesn’t really need any improvement since he never even gives fifty percent. Get him to go one hundred and then I’ll see if he needs improvement.”

“Yeah yeah,” Riko rolled her eyes, “Stop doting on him just because he’s good.”

“When have I ever doted on that jackass?” Kagetora seemed genuinely repulsed, drawing a sigh from his daughter.

“Nevermind. Then, what did you have in mind for the second years?”

“Airhead already has his own style, and he’s talented. Not as talented as Hayate but-“

“Enough about Sasaki-kun!”

“Do you not like him anymore?”

“What do you mean, anymore?!”

“You guys used to hang out quite a lot,” The coach’s dad recalled, making her grit her teeth. “I was under the impression—"

“Just get on with it!” Riko yelled.