12

Victoria's POV

I didn't talk in the car, I was too shocked and embarrassed from everything that had happened a few minutes ago to even look at Ross. I had let him pick me up as if I was a baby, and then cried on his chest! I thought I could never look at him again.

He was even treated like that by mom, when he didn't deserve it, and that was something that bothered me the most.

Ross didn't say anything either, at least for about ten minutes.

I then felt his hand on my knee again, somehow liking when he did, as it helped me calm down.

"It's okay, baby. When we get there, you can watch as much tv as you want, yeah? You can have some cookies, too"

It was obvious that he didn't like the idea, but I found it cute that he wanted me to feel better.

"Thank you" I simply said.

After that, we didn't talk until we arrived at the mansion. Only the sound of the radio (that Ross turned on to make the ride less uncomfortable) was heard, but I didn't pay attention to it.

When we got there I felt happy to see it, but still just wanted to lock myself on the bedroom and don't come down for at least ten hours. A lot of things happened and I just wanted to keep crying, something I didn't stop doing in the whole way here.

Ross parked the car near the entrance and told some guy to get my things inside. I was about to get out of the suv, when he appeared in front of me and effortlessly picked me up again, rubbing circles in my back. I didn't protest because I wasn't in the mood, and the other man didn't seem to mind, though. He just waited for us to get out and picked my suitcase and my cat.

He entered with me in his arms, setting me on the floor so we could head upstairs, I imagined he knew that I didn't feel like eating right now.

Luckily for me, there weren't any of the other brothers in the house at that moment, so they wouldn't see my tear-stained cheeks.

"Hades, Alain, stop!" A man yelled and we both looked at him, surprised as two big dogs came running to us.

Ross put me behind him as they approached me, he might have thought that they were gonna bite me or something.

I found them adorable though. They were an euro dobberman and a german shepherd, something I knew from having too much free time at home. They were really big but didn't seem bad, so I started petting them and they liked it, one of them even started licking my cheeks which made me giggle.

I didn't know they had dogs, why didn't they tell me before? I love them. I suddenly felt Ross' eyes on me, confusedly staring.

"Park, get the dogs out of here. Now"

"Y-yes boss, I-I'm sorry! We were in the middle of the training but they-"

"Get. Out. Now"

Just like that, the man tried to take them both away, but I wasn't having it. I was feeling so sad when I got here until I met the dogs and now was having fun, so maybe if I asked Ross he'd let them stay for a while.

"B-but Ross, doggies!" I said.

I didn't know why I said it like that, it just escaped my mouth and now I felt even more embarrassed than before, but it wouldn't matter if he let both of them play with me.

I heard a sigh and a 'okay' from him, turning to the other worker.

"I'll make sure to tell Jake about this" the man nodded and quickly left us alone.

He crouched down next to me and petted (somehow roughly) the dogs heads.

"This is Hades, and this is Alain" he said, poiting them as I watched their interactions. "They're pretty aggressive, so I'm not really sure why they treated you well. They must like you very much, baby" Ross said, and I felt too happy then. "They even tried to bite Jake last time" I giggled.

And then I spent about one hour or so with the dogs outside. Ross left to attend some business for a minute when he was sure they weren't gonna bite me, although he was still anxious.

That totally changed my mood from before as now I felt completely different, happy. I mostly petted their heads as they were sat around me, just laying on the grass.

Some minutes later, Ross told me that I needed to eat lunch, so it'd be ready in about twenty minutes. I didn't want to, even though I was feeling really hungry by then. The weather was still cold, but I didn't care because I was happily playing with Hades and Alain, but still knew I had to eat something at some point.

I then saw Jake and Jeff park their cars near Ross'. They were both wearing nice suits and seemed pretty hot, too.  I watched as they talked to some men before heading inside, when they saw me and immediately rushed to us. Even though I was fine, they reacted just like Ross. I couldn't blame them anyway.

"Hades, Alain! Off!" Jake and Jeff yelled when they were near us.

The dogs stood up around me and growled at them in a protective way. This was embarrassing. Now I understood what Ross said about almost biting Jake, he must be the one in charge of their training.

"Uh, I'm okay" I shyly said, putting my hands on the dogs heads, "they're not bad"

They stared at each other, dumbfounded at it. And just when the brothers were about to say something, the cheff (I believe was called 'Carl') told us that lunch was ready.

I found it weird that none of the employees the Caruso's had were even bothered by our own business, like when Ross picked me up, and I liked that.

I stood up anyway, and Jeff and I went inside as Jake took the dogs somewhere. As soon as we entered, I realized how cold it was outside and how hungry I was, but I had a good time.

Jeff stopped in the middle of the way though, when he now looked at my face and saw my puffy eyes and my cheeks, which I assumed were still red.

He crouched down to my level and said,

"Baby, why have you been crying? Did Ross do something to you?" He jokingly asked, "I'm younger than him, but I can still beat him up for you"

I giggled and softly put their hands away from my face.

"It's nothing, I'm okay now" I smiled.

He nodded and patted my head before we both went into the kitchen where Ross was, signaling me to sit next to him.

Hey guyss

Thank you so much for the views <33 hope you liked this chapter, have a nice day :)