45. red lights turn green

—

nini was breathing heavily as she kept her sunglasses and hat on in the car, frantically tapping onto her phone as she tried to call ricky

"pick up pick up pick up-"

"hey! you've reached ricky bowen-"

nini groaned as she ended the call, exhaling deeply as she continued to drive in circles. she had literally no idea what to do. she knew she had to find out where ricky went, but her mind was blank.

the sudden sound of her phone ringing made her answer it without properly checking who it was, her heart lifting with the hope of hearing ricky's voice

"rick-"

"nini!" jenn's worried and frantic voice boomed around the car, causing for the girl to sigh heavily in disappointment "tell me you saw ricky's post?!"

"y-"

"when we said we would let you both go public, we meant to do it slowly, and we had a plan!"

"okay but jenn-"

"you better start explaining-"

"i would if you just let me talk!" nini exclaimed breathlessly, earning jenn's silence as the brunette gripped the wheel tighter "i'm sorry-i'm sorry, i'm just-i'm stressed right now."

"i'm guessing you didn't know then that ricky would post that." jenn said slowly

nini scoffed "nope. i was going to talk to him today but he's not at his apartment and now i'm just driving around trying to find him-"

"okay, nini, listen i don't think it's a good idea that you're out in public right now. press and cameras will be looking for you with all sorts of questions-"

"that's exactly why i have to find ricky jenn." nini sighed "he just told the truth to millions of people and we haven't even spoken since friday. i have to talk to him about this."

jenn sighed "well, where would he be?"

"i don't know," nini said, cursing under her breath for not being able to recall any place where he might be.

"well, he's probably somewhere no one really knows and at a place where he can collect his thoughts right? where would that be?" jenn asked

nini tapped her thumb on the wheel in thought as she kept thinking, scrambling through her thoughts, stopping at a red light

he had to be somewhere that was secluded, and where he went to be alone...somewhere he didn't want anyone to find him...

suddenly nini's eyes widened as the light turned green "i know where he is."