25. Mixed Reality

SCARLETT

Since the day we caught Stow, I did nothing but work. This event is so important not only for me, but the whole FuTech and Sinclair corps.

All have been burning the candle at both ends, be it an employee or a head. Aaron and Alex, themselves had been very busy lately, taking care of the production and event preparations.

Although we hired a big event organizing company, yet there were many decisions that needed to be taken care of by us.

Coming to me, I paused my own company's work for a week to concentrate in this. I had to take care of various sponsors, social media intermediators and local advertisers. The number of meetings rose considerably each day.

Thankfully and miraculously, a week ago Aaron temporarily recruited another bunch of people to help with the marketing. That eased my job a lot. Surprisingly, the new team's working methods were so similar to mine. I felt something like an old connection with it.

Now that the launch is finally in front of us, I feel so excited and satisfied too.

"There she is.", came Amy's voice from behind me, where she stood next to Dylan.

"Lett, have you seen Alex? He...", Dylan asked, but was intruded.

"I'm here.", Alex appeared from his right with Rachael trailing along.

"How can you be this late? Now run, it's about to start in fifteen minutes and Aaron is already pissed." Dylan dragged him away from us.

"Why were you so late Rae?", Amy asked.

I forgot to mention, last many days, Amy and Rae had not only been spending time with each other shopping and running errands, but also carrying out business in partnership.

While we were busy in the launch, Rachael was working in collaboration with Amy. She was approached by Amy for shooting and editing her new Monsoon collection and Rachael's graphics design studio is currently working under the partnership with Amy's company.

"Sorry, some random work came up.", Rachael excused with a sheepish grin.

"Since when did you start calling Alex a random work?", I playfully smiled making her blush.

"Good Evening ladies and gentlemen...", the host started.

"Rae, hurry near the stage. You're next after Alex.", Dylan approached us and sent Rachael away.

As she left, I took my seat on a round table, with Amy and Dylan accompanying me. Then, Alex was invited for the introduction speech.

He introduced the product and the event to the audience, who listened to him with great attention.

Meanwhile I looked around at my surroundings. The elegant vast reception hall was brightly lit with violet, blue and white lighting.

The whole area was covered by multiple black round tables, as if seeds in a white watermelon. Waiters were roaming across the room serving the guests.

All eyes were on stage where Alex acquainted them to the gizmo. The white and blue spotlights above the top were sparkling and enriching the look of the place.

Overall, the décor makes it a remarkable example of classy and modern event, rather a futuristic one.

As the Alex's part ended, it was Rachael's turn to present the virtual tour of the device.

The moment he stepped out of the stage, the whole area filled with men suited in black, distributing a pair of MR glasses to everyone present in the room. Within a few minutes, they were distributed and everything became still.