26. Media

SCARLETT

We are currently seated on top of the stage and I'm feeling nervous, not because Aaron is just next to me or I'm afraid of public speaking. I'd been trained to tackle it since childhood. That's a must have skill for a business person.

The reason for my nervousness is the fear of personal questions. I wish the media doesn't recognize me.

The host started with the intro while I gazed at the people in front, till my eyes stopped at one couple seated at one of the front round tables with Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, smiling at me.

Is this for real? Saying I'm shocked would be an understatement.

What are my parents doing here?!

"Aaron, what are my parents doing with your parents?", I whispered anxiously.

"Finalizing our wedding venue.", he whispered back.

"Not funny.", I hissed.

"How would I know, I'm here with you. All I know is they're friends."

Every person related to me turns out to be friends with every person related to him. I won't be surprised anymore if my sister turns out Aaron's new girlfriend next. They both even share same feelings for me!

"I feel something very very fishy! My Dad is beaming a lot and Mom appears more delighted than ever. I wonder if they're really discussing that topic."

"Good for you. Now focus on the conference and let me too.", he said looking at the audience.

"Did you even listen what I said?", I asked looking audience as well.

"No. Now stop muttering, people are looking at the stage."

People actually are looking at the host, but he's right, first the conference and then other things.

My legs automatically started shaking with nervousness as I sat clutching my thighs. I've never felt this since a very long time. I want it to be over soon.

All of a sudden I felt a warm hand over my cold one, the owner of which was the blue-eyed man beside me.

"Don't worry. I know you'll ace it.", he said gently pressing my hand.

I let out a deep sigh and said, "Don't need a pep talk."

Lifting his hand back, he said looking in front, "See, told ya you'll ace it. You've got a tongue sharper than a sword."

Asshole!

Soon, the media persons started firing their questions at the panelists that included me, Aaron, Alex and four others belonging to C-suite of FuTech and Sinclair corps.

I handled the technical questions fairly well. Actually, when Elliot was explaining me about the product, I got so intrigued that I extracted all the details ranging from intricate design to technologies behind its working.

I had no idea that time, my curiosity would be of such benefit someday.

After, the technical ones, media switched to controversial questions.

"Mr. Stow's company was a previous associate of Futech. Is his recent arrest, connected to this launch in any way?", asked a reporter.

"We terminated all our contracts with DeWare earlier this year. So, we are not answerable for any of Mr. Stow's present circumstances and I don't find any reason to think of any connection between the two.", Aaron said. Woah, great liar!

"According to our sources, the glasses were to be launched next month. Then what urged FuTech to prepone the launch?", asked a media representative, a blonde lady in her thirties or so.