chapter one hundred and twelve

April 10th - Undisclosed Location

Regulus Black was currently trying very hard not to double over in laughter as he stared upon what was, in his opinion, the funniest sight of the century. 

That being Voldemort, with a bandage over his face, right where his nose used to be. 

The young Slytherin had to give it Nephera, she may have failed to kill him, but he almost believed this was better. 

The Dark Lord sneezed, and the boy decided that this was infinitely better than him being dead, "My Lord," asked Bellatrix, "Let me find her, it won't be hard, she refuses to go into hiding, let me kill her," 

Tom Riddle wasn't listening to any of that, though, because he was still trying to deal with the humiliation. He didn't want Nephera Winchester dead, not anymore. He wanted to make an example out of her. 

He wanted to torture her in the middle of Diagon Alley until she was begging for death, until she was completely and utterly broken at his feet, to show everyone what happened to those who opposed him, "Track her down," he ordered 

Thousands of miles away, in the Potter Estate Sirius was sleeping soundly in his room, content to have his witch back in his arms as he held her against his chest tightly. However, for the first time, the feeling of the boy's warm chest against her back was not enough to lull Nephera into a peaceful sleep. 

Her mind kept flashing back to her duel with Voldemort, to how she came to actually dying and leaving everyone behind. It was only then that the girl realized how many things she'd want to say to her family in the case of her death. 

Gently and carefully prying Sirius's arm off of her, she paused for a second when she felt him shift behind her, but relaxed once the boy grabbed ahold of her pillow and hugged it instead. Conjuring up a faint ball of light, she moved to sit in front of the desk, pulling out a quill and inkpot, drafting four neatly written letters. 

She was never good with words, at least not when she used them to show affection instead of manipulating people, so the letters weren't too long, but the girl was able to say all that she needed to say in them. 

"Love?" muttered the boy on the bed, who had apparently sensed her absence and realized he was hugging a pillow instead of a person, "What's wrong?" 

Quickly shoving the four envelopes into her trunk, the Slytherin crawled back onto the bed, "Nothing, everything's fine," she replied 

Sirius hummed in affirmation, opening his arms, "Come 'ere then, it's the middle of the night," he grumbled sleepily, and the girl gladly accepted 

She didn't know why, but now that she had written the four letters, she felt significantly lighter, as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, so she easily closed her eyes and settled further into the boy's chest, sleep finally overcoming her. 

The next day, her and Remus, who was also staying at the Potter Estate, had to go into the ministry to meet with Moody and Dumbledore, in order to discuss what had happened in their missions. The werewolf was slightly apprehensive about entering the Ministry of Magic, given his lycanthropy, but then again, he didn't exactly have a choice. 

Currently, they were hastily eating breakfast with the rest of the Potters while Sirius and Fleamont were still asleep, "It shouldn't take more than an hour or so," said Remus, "There really isn't all that much to say," 

Nephera snorted and drank her coffee, "Even less if I can help it. I don't fancy being stuck in a room with Dumbles for a prolonged period of time," 

James smiled at that, "So you should be bakc before Pads wakes up, right?" 

"I'm meeting up with wormtail, actually, over in Hyde Park in muggle London," said the girl, stroking Crookshanks who had jumped on her lap