Chapter 13

Two days after the match was the day that the students went home for Christmas break.

The Weasley's didn't go home this year as Molly and Arthur had gone to Romania to visit their second eldest son, Charlie.

Leona's ribs were perfectly healed, Madam Pomfrey taking only a few minutes to mend her bones and erase her bruise as if it never happened. Fred, however, was still supremely angry at Marcus Finch for what he pulled, which Leona found strange. It wasn't the first injury that she'd acquired playing Quidditch or playing against the Slytherin's and it certainly wouldn't be the last. So, Leona was very confused as to why he was acting as if she'd break if he touched her.

It was Christmas day; the trio having been sitting in the common room after opening their presents. Sweaters from Molly as per usual, and Leona had found the boys this muggle camera that spat out water when you pressed the button to take a picture. They'd loved it, both using it and using it as inspiration for future Weasley Products. Leona had been gifted with a very rare advanced potions book, but it was filled with little comments and remarks written in by the twins.

Next to an ingredients list where a cup of fire seeds was listed read, That seems like a lot... Also, how much is a cup? A big cup, a small cup, a medium cup? How much is a cup?

On the page with the recipe for the Draught of Living Death was the comment, Could they be more ominous with these names?

Page after page of comments and even a couple of mocking pictures drawn in where wand movements were required for certain potions.

That was her favourite present from them.

She sat with the book in her lap, reading through their comments by the fireplace when George had gone to the bathroom, leaving her and Fred alone.

"Freddy, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he said as he looked up from some of the plans he and George were working on.

"What's up with you?"

"What are you on about?" he asked with a furrowed brow.

She closed her book as she sat up, looking to where he sat on the floor. "You've been acting really strange lately. I mean the way you wanted to kill Marcus after he broke my ribs? That was far from the worst injury I've had playing Quidditch. So, what's up with you?"

Fred swallowed as he looked down as his hand began to grow sweaty before he wiped them on his pants.

He took a deep breath as he stood, flexing his fingers as he stared at the floor.

"I need to tell you something," he said finally, brown eyes glancing up.

"Ok," Leona said as she sat her book to the side, giving him her full attention as he took another breath.

"We've known each other for a long time, Lena. We've done a lot together," he began.

"Well, I mean yeah, the three of us -"

"I don't mean the three of us. I mean you and me," he interrupted, and Leona was slightly taken aback by it. She'd never seen Fred act like this before.

"I was the first one you told about what you read your father's letter. You may have told George, but you told me first. You told me a month before you told him."

Her eyes widened as she let his words sank in.

She loved both the boys and told them everything, but she never realised that anytime she had something to tell them, she unintentionally told Fred first, or maybe not so unintentionally.