17: Outrunning Karma

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update...... I hope you'll enjoy the chapter!

Aizawa knew that this was bound to happen. All the evidence was pointing towards this revelation. But why was it still so surprising? Had they been wishing for this not to happen? wasn't it good news that (Y/N) was still alive? Then why was he falling into despair? His rational side wasn't powerful enough, and for the second time in his life, Aizawa broke down.

For the first time in the chimera's life, Nezu didn't know what to do? He was one of, if not, the smartest living thing in the world, he had single-handedly solved crimes, brought down villains and even governments. So why didn't he know what to do at this moment? He tried his best to come up with a plan to save (Y/N), but for the first time, his feelings of despair were clouding his mind.

All Tsukauchi wanted right now was to resign, go to the countryside, and run away from this horrible society, but he knew that it would remain as a wish forever. The world was cruel, horrible to some people. It was as if their own life hated them. He just hoped that a miracle would happen and fix all of these horrible problems, but he knew miracles were rare and special. They only happened once in a lifetime.

The detective looked at the fellow occupants of the room. Nezu just stood still, while Aizawa bawled his eyes out like a child who had just lost their mother in a crowd. He sighed as he closed his eyes to stop his tears from flowing.

......................................................................

As (Y/N) collapsed in her arms, Touka got worried and was just about to call an ambulance for him, when she heard the very weak voice of (Y/N).

(Y/N): Don't..........I'll.........regenerate.....also,

Touka looked at him, as he had a small smirk plastered on his face.

(Y/N): Are......you.......stupid?

Touka: Why?

And then it hit her, he was a vigilante who was running away from the heroes. She groaned and lowered her head, as (Y/N) weakly laughed. After a moment she too chuckled.

Deciding that she had been standing for too long, she sat down next to (Y/N), who now had conveniently decided to crawl and lay back against a tree. After a moment of silence, Touka spoke up.

Touka: Did you know that this used to be Shiba park?

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as he remembered the park's name. The park which they promised to meet at once he became a hero. What surprised him more was how did he end up in Tokyo, when he was in Musutafu the day he was attacked? He was pulled out of his thoughts as Touka continued.

Touka: 3 years ago, This whole area was destroyed in a villain attack. So after that, the government decided to use this area not only as an educational farm for schools but also as a tourist site, where normal people who wanted to see farming in the old school way, could see it.

She took a deep breath, turned to face him, and continued talking.

Touka: You remember the promise we made that day, don’t you?

(Y/N) just nodded with all the strength he could muster, his injuries (self-inflicted) were now taking a toll on him. Sure he has regeneration, but still it hurt. Touka, seeing his answer, only smiled melancholy. She wanted to ask about what had happened to him, but she knew it was not the right time for now.

Touka: Fate’s cruel isn’t it?

He turned to face her, with a questionable look on his face. At his reaction, she laughed bitterly.