Prologue

"No! I'm not going to marry her", Mew answered his father, his tone hard. "I will marry who I want and not someone who you choose. I'm done pleasing you, Dad"

"You are going to marry her if you still wanted to call me your father", his father glare at him.

"Fine! Then goodbye, Mr. Jongcheveevat". Mew looked at him before storming out of the living room. He can hear his mother called but he continues to walk, he would need to apologize to her but as of now he needed to go. He needed to go out. He loosens his tie, trying to get some air as he walks towards his car in big stride.

"Mew! Come back here! Mew!"

"You're going to regret this!"

Mew looks back glancing at the big, large house, his heart hammer in his chest wildly, of regret of relief, of conflict in his head, he doesn't know yet. All he wanted is to get out of that suffocating place. He got a feeling that he won't be seeing that place for a long time now, with a last glance he took and enter his car, not the brand new Pagani or the expensive Mercedes that he used for work, he took his old Volvo, a present from his grandmother.

It was raining when Mew spotted that odd looking bar and decided to take shelter, to steam off his anger and frustration with alcohol.

****

Gulf swallow hard, continuously. He is feeling cold with only a skimpy underwear on, but he can feel the bullets of sweat traveling down on his back, on his forehead. His hand is also sweaty and his heart hammering on his chest.

"For Mom. For Mom", he repeated. Tears almost escaping his eyes.

"Gulf, it's your turn. Go on stage", a voice called. Gulf swallowed the lump in his throat, nodded to nothingness, closes his fists, and closed his eyes before opening them again with resolved.

*****

Mew can clearly see the awkwardness and discomfort of the man, or rather the boy on the nearby table. A few men in business suits surrounding him. He was already on his fourth glass when the boy joined the men in the table. Mew was about to ignore him; he did ignore everything in this place when he realized that the bar, he entered isn't the normal one he used to go to. The blaring lights, the sound and the set up was a dead giveaway that he ignored when he came in, he just wanted a drink. He ignored the men on the stage, the men, and women on the table with some guy or men wearing some cheap underwear at the middle, dancing, touching. He was about to ignore the boy, but he noticed his nervous steps, the boy was tall and unlike those bulky and tone body that he saw, the boy is lanky. He looked young, so young in Mew's assessment, perhaps 16 or 17. The boy almost tripped finding his way to the table he was supposed to go.

"Can I have him?", Mew asked the bartender when he was served his 6th glass.

The bartender looks at the direction Mew is looking. "Uuhm...Sir, you see. He is new and..."

"I'll pay double", Mew answered. He knew, Mew isn't one to go to places like this, but he isn't naïve and by the looks of it, it's the first time for the boy and virgins are usually the most expensive ones.

"I'll talk to our manager", the bartender answered and hurriedly go.

*****

Gulf squirm on his seat. His eyes down casted on his lap. He hasn't looked at the man properly yet and he doesn't know if he would feel thankful or not, at least the man is alone, unlike minutes ago that he was with a group of men, looking at him like hungry predators ready to devour him. This man on the other hand, hadn't done anything except give him a coat that his now wearing, not that it made him look decent, his lower half is still exposed. The man also hadn't said anything and had kept distance from Gulf. Gulf didn't know what to do, he knew the amount of money thrown for him. He didn't want to displease the man, he felt safer with him that the group he was with earlier. Gulf scoot closer.

"You don't have to", came the baritone voice. "You can relax. I'm not here to get laid or get some release. I'm not even sure if you are at legal age to do those stuff"

"I...I'm 21", Gulf answered. If that what is the man is weary about, he shouldn't be.

The man sighs, "I'm Mew. What's your name?". He can feel the nervous energy of the boy, well the young man it is, who upon looking closely, Mew assessed that is under malnutrition, he is too skinny, the blackening under his eyes told Mew that he also hadn't had sleep for days.

"Gulf. My name is Gulf", Gulf slowly looked at Mew.

Mew repeated the name on his head. He isn't sure why he paid a hefty amount for Gulf, he isn't really in a situation to do so. Gulf's demeanor screamed of helplessness, fearfulness and at the same time resolved and courage, and perhaps that is the reason, because Mew had finally found the courage to break free from his father tonight.

Mew looks at Gulf, studying the boy further, the boy is beautiful, big round eyes, pointed nose, plump kissable lips.

Gulf shiver, he isn't sure because of coldness of the air-conditioning, or the way Mew looks at him. Not that the man is looking at him the way those men before looked at him but Mew was looking at him as if reading his soul, discovering him.

Mew, "I don't have other piece of cloth to give you, you can go ahead and change. Unless you need to be in that clothing for later"

Gulf looks at him curiously, gauging whether Mew is serious or not, "You paid for the whole night. I don't need..."

Mew, "Then go ahead and change or you'll end up freezing. We will just talk"

*****

They still ended up in a hotel room. Both fully clothe, sitting on the floor, beer in hands. Mew asked Gulf he wanted to go out, away from the noise which Gulf immediately agreed. Gulf is unsure whether he will return to bar the following day, he doesn't have a contract or of sort. His friend, Boss, was the one who introduced him to the bar, told him he could try for a night, just see if he will want to continue after.

"I wanted to be a nurse so I could take good care of my mom but I might not be able to do that", Gulf let out his tears, gulping his beer. He didn't know what's with Mew that he can easily pour out his heart. He is thankful that Mew kept his words, they were just talking in the past hour or so, or more like Gulf was talking and other was listening to him. Mew had asked him a few questions and the next thing he knew, he was telling Mew about his life. How his family moved in the city for his education, how his father had suddenly died and how his mother was diagnosed with a kidney problem. How his world was turned upside down.

Mew, "Marry me. Marry me and I'll do the best I can for you to be a nurse and for you to be with your mom"

Gulf looks at Mew, agape. Mew only looks at him with all seriousness and sincerity that Gulf's heart dare to hope.  

********