Wrath Chapter 5: Pressure

"There is no need for that, Subaru." Reinhard had said in a concerned voice. Subaru opened his eyes and calmly he said to his friend,

"I want you to know Rein that the Purge King knows we are coming and that he has Halibel the Admirer and Cecilus the Blue Lightining under his wing."

"What?"

"I know it sounds far fetch with Cecilus since he works under Vollachia but I know for a certain that the Purge King has him under his wings. I do not know why but I need you to trust me on this, Rein."

Reinhard looked at Subaru with a bit skeptical yet he didn't detect any lying from his friend, causing him to understand just how dire the situation has become. He took a moment to process the new information before he asked,

"How do you know all of this, Subaru?"

Subaru was hesitant at first, yet he knew that his friend should know the fate of Natsuki Subaru from this world. He closed his eyes while taking a deep breath before revealing to Reinhard:

"Because I'm not from this world, Reinhard. Me, Frederica, Petra, and Wilhelm are from another version of this world. From what you've told me about being only four candidates means that this world's Crusch and Wilhelm failed to kill the White Whale."

"..."

"This sucks because that means you don't know that Wilhelm is your grandfather."

"...what?"

"Sorry sorry sorry, I know it is a lot of information to give out in such little time but we need a new plan and fast. The Purge King...or well the other me, is preparing his own counter measures since he knows I'm coming to rescue Emilia-tan."

"...what do you propose?"

"That's the thing, I want your output on things. Maybe together we can quickly come up with a plan that can work."

"Very well but might I suggest we also involve Otto Suwen? He is vital to this operation as well."

("I know that it must suck having been on debt for who knows how long but I promise you that I will get you free from that.")

Subaru had recalled in his last loop that he made a promise to this world's Otto that he would make sure that he gets free from his debt, similar to how he freed Otto Suwen from Pride's world of his debt with Russell. This caused him to quickly change subjects:

"Before anything Rein, I want to help Otto. I want him freed from his debt with Russell with your help."

"I...I don't know if I can do anything about that, Subaru. I may be the Master Swordsman but I also have limits of what I can do."

"What? I thought you could do almost anything, Rein! Hell, you can beat anybody with all those hacks! There has to be something that you can do that'll help poor Otto."

"I...I'm sorry."

Subaru crossed his arms has he thought about what he had done in the Sin Archbishop of Pride's world. He knew that with help from Reinhard of that world, the two helped free that world's Otto from his debt.

'But why? There has to have been a reason...'

He thought and thought, trying desperately to find an answer to this problem until he came up with an idea. Not sure if it could work, he asked Reinhard:

"What if Otto takes credit in beating the Purge King? Could that help free him from his debt?"

"That is possible...it is a bit of a long shot, but it is a possibility."