Chapter 21: The Plan

"A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world." — Lois Wyse

( Partially Edited )

.....

Alessandra POV

It's been a week since my family forced me to take a week off from work to spend time with Rafael and get to know him better.

He was not a bad company after all.

He was kind, thoughtful, and hilarious.

I thought he was a selfish and conceited man as every paper had called him.

Surprisingly, he was a genuine, carefree, and very considerate man.

Though at first, I agree, at first glance, he looked cold and menacing.

That's why we can't judge someone on what we see on the outside.

Looks can be deceiving.

I thought he was not hard to like after all.

We went on a road trip to an amusement park.

We rode on the roller coaster. It was freaky as hell, but with his wit and attentive gestures, the ride was fun.

It was my first time riding it, and sure as hell, I thought I was going to die while the machine moved fast, and then slow, then it dropped, but as soon as I got out, a sense of bravery seeped through my veins.

In a moment, I forgot all my worries, hesitations, and fear.

It's a feeling of great satisfaction, maybe because of the screaming.

I don't know, but I felt good.

"That was awesome!" I exclaimed, laughing.

We were both laughing as we got off the roller coaster, and I still felt a little dizzy as we rambled along the grounds.

"See, I told you it's fun!" Rafael replied almost breathlessly, laughing his heart out.

He looked so carefree, and his face softened as he laughed freely. "Let's go try the water tube," he suggested later.

"But I didn't bring any extra clothes?" I refused, although the weather wasn't bad, it was warm actually.

"We will be ok. It's just water. It won't kill us," he teased with a lopsided grin.

His eyes challenged me, baiting me, and I can't refuse.

"Fine," I finally agreed, chuckling.

He looked so boyish, and for a moment, we forgot who we are.

It felt like we were in our teenage years.

"We're here to have fun, so be it. Screw it if we get wet," I giggled, and he grinned devilishly.

He is so handsome. It's a shame I met him before Stavros.

So we rode the water tube, and it was a blast, no pun intended.

We can't stop laughing when we fell onto the water, plunged into a blast of water specifically, and we came out soaking wet like a drenched cat.

I was screaming non-stop when we reached the peak, my heart was drumming so loud against my ribcage, fear along with excitement, thrilled licked my veins. And when the tube dropped along with my heart, it spiraled as it slide down so fast, and so did my heart rate.