XXIV.

Chapter Twenty Four.

"Hey whore." Renni came inside of Hailey's bedroom dressed in her security uniform, which indicated that she had just gotten off work. Hailey had her sleeping nephew on her chest as she was stretched out on her bed. She massaged his tiny curls with the tips of her fingers.

"Hey slut." She told her back. Renni grabbed her son from her younger sister, and started kissing all over his face. "Wake up, fat man." She cooed.

The one year old began to wake up, and once he was fully awake he snuggled into his mother's neck and laid his head on her shoulder comfortably.

"How was he?" She asked her, sitting in the purple bean bag chair that was in the corner of her room and rubbing the baby's back.

"A handful. I tried to play with him but he kept throwing toys at me and whining. Then, he pissed on me when I was changing his diaper. I put on CocoMelon but he wasn't interested. After all of that, he finally cried himself to sleep." She explained, shaking her head. Since Renni had started this new job, Hailey was responsible for watching her nephew. He was still getting adjusted to being away from his mother for hours at a time.

Renni would've taken him to their grandmother, but she had enough children to look after.

"Aw, my poor baby. Thank you for watching him, though. Where's momma?"

"You're welcome and she went out with some new dude she met."

Renni raised a brow. "Momma got a boyfriend?"

"I wouldn't call him her boyfriend but they've been seeing each other." Hailey chuckled.

"Well, I'm happy for her. I thought she'd never date anybody after daddy left."

"Same."

Renni and Hailey's father had walked out on them two years ago. He decided that he wanted to start a new family elsewhere and the whole incident took a toll on their mother. Since then, they had tried numerous times to set her up on blind dates and get her to go out, but she never would. She was so heartbroken over him leaving and couldn't imagine herself being with anybody else.

"Speaking of boyfriends, guess what?"

"I'm listening." Renni said.

"So you know how me and Zealand have been talking for about a month now right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, earlier he told me he wanted me to be his girlfriend!" Hailey said excitedly, hopping off her bed to twerk. "Ah ah ah!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Okay, I see you! You finally bagged him." Renni said, hyping her sister up. She was all for it.

"And did! I really like him, though. He's different from other dudes I've messed with."

"Of course he is. All you date is jail birds." Renni snickered.

"Eat my dick." Hailey laughed, holding up the middle finger.

"What about ole girl? The big one."

"What about her?" Hailey scoffed. "I'm not worried about Xavia. Long as she stays in her lane, we'll be fine. Her cousin though? I want that bitch head. I don't fucking like her."

"Who's her cousin?" Renni asked.

"This girl named Arnecia. I swear when we're at cheer practice, she chooses to pick on me and nobody else. She always has something to say about everything I do."

"Aren't you co captain?"

"Sure am."

"Okay so obviously you know what you're doing. If you didn't, you wouldn't have that position on the team. You better tell her to chill the fuck out."