✾𝟱✾

Y/n then glanced at Tanjiro's eyes

Y/n then glanced at Tanjiro's eyes. She noticed that his eyes portrayed in a rather depressing way, begging her to say something but she can't figure out what. She coughed awkwardly. "Asasahi's ramens are always the best, don't you think?" she asked, trying to move on from the awkward and rather stiff silence. Tanjiro snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the mirror. "Yeah," he whispered silently under his breath. "Tanjiro, it's getting late, let's go to bed," Y/n suggested. "Alright," Tanjiro fake-smiled. 

Y/n noticed but didn't want to push him too hard, so she sighed and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the soft mattress that awaits them both. Y/n let go of Tanjiro's hand and started climbing on the bed and going underneath the fluffy blanket. "Come here," Y/n beckoned for Tanjiro to join her in bed. Tanjiro blinked with dotted eyes. "I- I think I should've stayed in the guest bed," Tanjiro nervously chuckled, his blush was bright red. Luckily, the lights were turned off. "Too late to go back now, the hallway is probably dark by now,"

Tanjiro gulped before he climbed onto the bed rather awkwardly and then went under the blankets with her. He then scooted closer. "We haven't had cuddles for a long time, do you want to cuddle?--- I mean-- I-If you're comfortable," Tanjiro stuttered bashfully. "Why not?" Y/n smiled before she scooted into Tanjiro's opened arms and wrapped her arms around his chest, placing her cheeks on his chest. Tanjiro smiled fondly before burying his face deep in her hair, unable to keep his smile off his face. 

"Tanjiro," Y/n started. "Yes?" Tanjiro hummed. "Have you ever heard of 'Onis' or 'Demons'?" Y/n asked as she blinked. "No... I've never heard of them, what are they like?" he asked Y/n. "W-well, I've never really seen a demon before, I just heard them from mom and dad, they seem to be really scary and dangerous creatures," Y/n explained. 

"They say that they are in every shape and form, different sizes, and different looking, but they have all the same thing: their diets. Their diet is human meat and blood," Y/n explained. "I'm not scared of them, just concerned. I wonder if they were once human or born immediately as a demon.. hm.." Y/n squinted her eyes. "I think that they could only go out once the sun sets, I'm not sure," 

"I'll make sure you're safe, y/n," Tanjiro said as he hugged her tightly. Y/n chuckled. "I know." For the rest of the night, Tanjiro and Y/n slept in each other's arms as Y/n felt safe in his arms.