SIXTY ONE

ACCENT

"Why does she get to tickle?" JJ questioned once everyone had decided that Kie was probably the best person to call Gavin.

"She's the best." Pope shrugged honestly, they all agreed, except JJ.

"Should I do an accent?" Kie questioned, turning around and looking at everyone for confirmation.

Silas nodded and had to bite back a smirk, he wanted to see what accents she had up her sleeve. He could only imagine the accents she would attempt to pull off. Part of him wanted to do the phone call and try out an Australian accent but nobody voted for him to do the call.

"Definitely disguise your voice." Pope nodded in agreement, that way they wouldn't be found out if someone recognised her voice.

"Disguise my voice how?" Kie questioned, putting on a British accent. "Like how would you like me to talk? Like this?"

The dark haired boy allowed his mouth to fall agape in shock. He was expecting her accents to be awful, but that was surprisingly good. River chuckled at the boy and closed Silas' mouth for him.

"Not like that." Pope shook his head.

"I thought it was good." Silas leant forward, his arms loosely hanging over Pope's seat, making Pope shift nervously.

Kie raised her brows at Silas, wondering what games he was playing. Her eyes flickered over to River, who fiddled with the rings on her fingers anxiously. Honestly, she felt bad for snapping at her, but it wasn't like she could apologise now.

"Batman!" Pope randomly blurted, lowing his voice. "There you go."

"Spot on. Let's do it." JJ nodded in confirmation, he leant back and allowed his eyes to flicker over River. She had shorts on, and a low cut top, an outfit he never really thought he'd see her in. But he wasn't complaining, she looked hot and it seemed as if she knew it.

"This is going to go awfully wrong." River mumbled, leaning back in her seat.

JJ shuffled closer to her, he pretended to yawn once again and wrapped his arm around her seat. River raised her brows to look at him, wondering what game he was playing. The blonde didn't hesitate in sitting forward and resting against Silas instead.

She was going to forgive JJ that easily, after a few comments to her and trying to wrap his arms around her. It wasn't enough for the fact that he cut her out of his life. She needed to know why he did it.

"Hello?" Gavin questioned once he answered the phone.

"Hello." Kie said in a really deep voice before turning to look at JJ. "I can't."

"Hello?" Gavin asked again, this time he sounded more impatient.

Silas noticed the way that Kie was panicking and quickly grabbed the phone. He cleared his throat and lowered his voice before asking,

"Is Gavin there?"

Everyone looked at Silas like he was insane, nobody voted for him to talk to Gavin, mainly because no one other that River trusted him to actually get a confession out of Gavin. Silas didn't know John B, so he wouldn't have pushed as much as the others would have.

"This is Gavin. Who's this?" Gavin responded, before Silas could even say anything, Gavin let go of a snappy, "Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Silas continued, his eyes flickered over to River to make sure that she was okay. He noticed the way that he's eyes filled with unshed tears.

Silas reached over and placed his hand on her thigh, giving it a comforting squeeze. He softly smiled and nodded towards her, silently telling the blonde that he would do everything he could in order to get the truth.

"Um... who's this?" Gavin questioned skeptically.

"It was Rafe Cameron." Silas ignored Gavin's question. "But you already knew that, and you lied about it."

"Okay, who is this?" Gavin asked again.

JJ listened carefully, he leant forward to hear better but also be closer to River. He slowly snaked his arm around her waist and began to trace patterns on her thigh. River closed her eyes and relaxed at his soft and gentle touch. She tried to push aside the fact that she still got the cliche butterflies.

The boy looked up at the girl through his lashes before leaning his head against her shoulder. He knew that it was a risky move, he half expected her to push him off but instead all she did was sit up straighter and her breath hitch.

"We're gonna prove it, you're guilty." Silas continued, watching JJ and River carefully. "You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?" Gavin shouted angrily. It was obviously that he was panicking now.

River quickly jumped forward and ended the call, making JJ head butt Kie's seat. He scrunched his face up in pain and noticed the way that River stifled a laugh, she knew exactly what she had done.

"That was evil, baby." JJ leant up and whispered into River's ear, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end and a shiver to travel down her spine.

"How was that?" Silas questioned curiously.

"Perfect." River complimented, completely ignoring JJ and his remark.

"Yeah, I was scared. Good job." JJ nodded in confirmation.

His hands travelling up River's waist and pulling her towards him. He wanted her beside him. River didn't put up much of a fight, she liked being in his arms but that didn't mean all was forgiven and forgotten.

"All right. We tickled them wire. Phase two complete." Pope nodded. "Now we wait and listen."