Reunited

I woke up earlier the following morning, Tae had his arm above me concealing me from the night. I smiled to myself before sliding out of bed. I did my basic morning routine and selected a just above the knee black flared skirt putting on a plain black t-shirt. I took a pair of knee high black socks pulling them on.
Just as I finished putting on my socks, I felt hands snake around my waist from behind me. I placed mine on top of his.
"You slept well?" He asked, his voice deep and husky and a little sleepy too.
"I did. You?"
"Hell yeah, I gotta go take a shower need to get to work," he said kissing my shoulder blade.
"Okay sure, I'll be in the kitchen with Kookie," I told him.
"Aren't you becoming too attached to that child?" He asked. I turned around facing a very sleepy Tae.
"Do I sense jealousy?" I teased.
"Yes... you... do," he said pecking my lips. I followed him out of the room as he went to his to take a bath. I made my way to the kitchen and Kookie was not there yet. I didn't know what to really make for breakfast so I resorted to simple potato fritters.
I opened the cabinets looking for flour, mixing my ingredients in a bow. I set a pan on the stove and deep fried the coated dough. I was almost done when Kookie walked into the kitchen.
"That smells heavenly. What are you making?" He asked sitting the counter.
"Just fritters," I told him.
"Can I taste?" He said taking one from the bowl already.
"Mmmm," he closed his eyes, "Good morning," he said and I laughed. This child.
"Morning. Now if you sit down properly, I'll serve you some for breakfast,"
"Ahhh yes ma'am," he said taking a seat. Tae came in a few minutes later dressed in a black slim suit. He looked amazing. He say near Kookie and I sat down too.
"You should teach me how to make these," Kookie said over breakfast.
"Sure, I will,"
"Today?" He asked.
"Sure," I said and we ate in silence. Tae hugged me kissing my forehead before heading out.
"Aren't you in school or something?" I asked Kookie when we were clearing the table.
"I go to work too, Tae is the businessy one, I'm just me. I love art, been selling paintings to a French Art gallery for a year now."
I showed him how to mix the ingredients, he was a fast learner so I didn't have to spend eternity teaching him. Once done, we started cleaning up.
We sat down for a movie in the living room, today we were watching Army of the dead. It was a little scary but I was not that shook.
"Tae is really happy these days," said Kookie.
"How so?"
"You. Ever since you came into the picture he has been happy," he said smiling.
"Me?"
"I think he's falling for you, please tell me you feel the same. Another heartbreak will throw him right over the edge," he said concerned now.
"I do. I just struggle with expressing feelings,"
"Tae is a really patient guy. Trust me I've know him since we were young, when he wants something, he is genuine about it. And right now, you're his main focus," he said.
"I'd be lying if I say I don't feel the same. I do. I just can't help the feeling that I might be rushing things,"
"There's no rush in love. It's the exact pace that your heart wants. Follow it,"
"Kookie, this is more complicated. I hold back a lot of emotion and other stuff,"
"You'll give in freely at some point. Tae is a patient man," he reassured me.
Just then a knock sounded from the door.
"Stay put," Kookie went to get the door. He walked back in. He didn't look so happy and I saw why. The guys trailed behind him. Soon as my eyes landed on Namjoon my heart started beating like a wild bass drum. I withdrew into the couch, Kookie noticed so he came and sat right next to me enveloping me in a side hug. I felt safer.
After settling, we greeted each other casually.
"I'm so sorry Mel," Namjoon said crouching in front of me. Him being close, I thought he was going to attack again. Instead he placed his hands on my knees and started sniffing. I felt bad seeing him like that. I looked up to Kookie for approval, he nodded slightly. I stood up and held his big hands. He stood back up and as soon as he did, I wrapped my hands around his waist. He hugged my shoulders.
"It's okay," I told him.
"Thank you," he said before going to sit.
"Officially now, I'm Jin," the guy in pink said hugging me.
"Yoongi," he hugged me too.
"I'm Jimin," he hugged me too, "Finally, someone shorter than me." The others broke into laughter.
"Hi Hobi," I said before he could introduce himself and hugged him. How could I forget the guy that saved me?
"Thank you," I told him, he just smiled some more.

We spent the rest of the day playing checkers and they had given me the same nickname I thought I'd left behind with Brian. I didn't mind though, it's not like I was tall anyways. Tae came back later in the evening and I sat with him as he made diner.
Tae was now sleeping in my room since I was still a little scared.

"Tomorrow, I'm taking you out," he told me when we were cuddled in the blankets.
"Don't ask me where, it's a surprise," I just smiled against his chest and we slept in that position.