Chapter Fifty Three

🏥

Warnings: SMUT! ANGST!

This is a lengthy one! Grab your snacks. And tissues!

•••

I woke up this morning, after a long night of tossing and turning.

Dodger was already awake and looking at me. I just started laughing. Quietly.

"Good morning bubba..." I scratch behind his ears.

He steps closer to me and leans down to lick my face.

"Okay, Okay, alright bubba..." I giggle

No wonder this is doggo is so loved by Chris, this is how he woke him up every morning. Who wouldn't be in a good mood all day?

"Such a good puppy..."

Sometime after some morning snuggles with dodge, I stand up and head over to the bathroom to shower and get ready for my day. It was early in the morning, and considering Chris's late night last night, he'll be asleep until the afternoon.

I hop out of the shower and continue my routine with fixing up my bed head hair, putting on some light makeup, and changing into a loose sundress just in case the paparazzi spot me and notice my bump.

Then I slide on some cute sandals, grab my purse and shades and I'm out the door.

Until I hear shuffling from the living room couch and next thing you know Chris is grabbing my arm before I even got the chance to twist the doorknob.

"Yes?"

"Where do you think you're going?"

My back is faced towards him because I cannot look him in the eyes.

"Out." I reach for the doorknob.

"God, baby, would you please look at me?!" He turns me around.

And I have no choice but to stare up at him.

His eyes are tired, and he's obviously hung over by the way he's comforting his pounding headache with his hand.

But despite the tiredness, his blue eyes still have that spark in them since our very first date up on the rock in LA.

It was still there when we got married for the first time, when I married him for real in front of all our friends and family, the spark is still there whenever I wake up next to him in the morning and he's caressing my back up and down - just looking down at me so lovingly.

It was even still there - slightly darker - when I gave myself to him that night in Malibu at the resort.

But despite us being in a fight, the sparkle is still there.

"Where are you going?" He asks me again, no attitude, just worried.

"Like I said, out." I answer his question.

"Out where?! Dressed all pretty?!" He's stressed now and the Chris that I saw last night was unfortunately back.

"Not like it concerns you, Chris, put I have an early mani-pedi with your sister. And I'm late, so we'll talk later."

I turn around to open the door slightly but then he starts talking again. He jogged to where his jacket was on the bench in the kitchen and pulled out his wallet.

"Then take my card, and pay for the both of you guys, my treat."

I love that he wants to spoil me and his sister, and that he's trying his best to make it up to me. But I'm not going to give I'm so easily like I usually do.