chapter sixty-six

season two ; episode seven { The Bonfire }
chapter sixty-six

season two ; episode seven { The Bonfire }chapter sixty-six

BROOKLYN TOLD JJ. TOLD HIM THE SECOND HE SAT DOWN WITH HER. She told him everything he needed to hear. Told him that Kiara and her kissed the night she and JJ first kissed. She told him about the kiss that happened earlier and how she pushed Kiara away, telling her that she only wanted to be with JJ. She told him about the moments she and Kiara had been having like the one in Charleston they had under the sunrise. She repeatedly told him how much she loves him and that he's the only one for her.

She really thought he'd be angry, thought he'd be mad and want to yell at Kiara but he surprisingly didn't. He told her that he could see there was a history between her and Kiara and that as long as nothing had happened, nothing serious that was, then he wasn't angry. He loves Brooklyn and she was the only girl he was meant to be with.

Brooklyn didn't deserve him, that's all she kept saying to herself.

He sat with her, asked questions, he deserved to know everything so Brooklyn told him everything. Kiara spoke with him and they made up, no hard feelings. Everything was good between them and Brooklyn was over the moon that no one was angry and things were good.

Everyone gathered outside to hear what Pope had to say, "Guys, this is from Denmark's diary. August fifteenth, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. And we could hear the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo and countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board. He robbed them and left them to die."

"So it didn't go down off Bermuda."

"And it was a Limbrey stealing shit again."

"This diary proves that both the gold and the Cross of Santo Domingo were on the Royal Merchant," Pope says.

"Why didn't we find it in the well then?" JJ asked. "I mean, if Denmark was able to get this, like, bedazzled cross off of the Merchant to shore, why didn't he just hide it with the gold?"

"Because it was too big," Brooklyn says.

"You're right," Pope told her. "He had to hide it someplace else."

"But where?"

"Right before he was hung, Denmark said he'd buried the treasure at the foot of the angel," Pope says, looking between each of them.