Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me

Ria was quite relieved as she got a chance to move out of the discussion but as soon as she reached the terrace, she got another shock which made her breath almost stuck for a sec. The moment she found Aashish tieing the kite, she decided to leave silently from the terrace.

Since, Samar was moving ahead of her, without coming in much notice, she just turned to step back and return but due to her wrong timing or maybe a bad day, she was stopped by a stern manly voice instantly from behind.

"Seems like Sukhi dandi is escaping..."

Ria was caught red-handed, so to cover up the situation. She said anxiously,

"No way, I just thought to get some cold drinks for us." She just managed to reason him out.

"No need, come and spent some time with us. Don't you want to fly kites?." He said with a confident smile.

Ria nodded and he continued, "Remember, how in summers, we all together enjoy flying kites on this same terrace?"

"Yes, Bhaiya. We used to have lots of fun while cutting the kites. Let's start it all again. I'm going to cut more kites than you." Samar said enthusiastically while tieing kites for himself and then for Ria too.

"let see." He replied with a smirk.

Ria had no choice but to stay there irrespective of the wish that she had within her. The proposal had made things a little awkward for her for meeting Aashish. By observing him, she got cleared that he might have no idea about the proposal.

Aashish and Samar started flying the kites. Still, after many years, Aashish was doing great but Samar needed some help to handle the string. Ria firstly tied her hair into a messy bun and then went for helping Samar.

The weather was bright and perfect for kite flying. The cool breeze was very soothing and made the whole environment fresher than before.

Ria took command of string but later, Samar went out due to some call from his friend leaving Ria and Aashish all alone on the terrace.

Aashish took the initiative and asked,

"How's life, Ria? What are you into these days?"

Ria told him about her Mtech and new job joining. He was not surprised that Ria could achieve all that on her own but the thing which made him happier was that she was going to come to the US in few months.

"Ria just to let you know, I'm always there for you whenever you need me. Be it be in the US or here. Just let me know." He said with an assuring smile.

He was so engrossed in talking to her that he did not pay much attention to handle his kite's string. As a result of a sudden fast wind blow, he got a sharp cut on his finger due to his sheer carelessness. Ria was about to thanks him for his assurance but she could only see the blood flowing from one of his fingers.