Chapter 10

That night, Xia Liang thought about Zhou Shuo who was still "sick" at home. Not long after dinner, he left.

Before leaving, he thought that it would be difficult for Li Mo and Ji Qin not to have convenient transportation in City B so he silently left his car key in the hallway. 

When he walked out of the villa, Xia Liang just remembered that there are fewer taxis in this area at night so he can only go online and make an appointment.

While he was walking on the sidewalk, he looked down at his phone and suddenly heard a short whistle sound from behind him. He turned his head and looked around and found that a familiar car was two steps behind him, the one that Zhou Shuo often drove.

Xia Liang was a little surprised. He opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. He wanted to ask why Zhou Shuo appeared here but found that Zhou Shuo was wearing a thick mask and most of his face was tightly covered.

So Xia Liang asked, "Why do you cover yourself like this? You have a cold?"

Zhou Shuo did not speak. As soon as Xia Liang approached him, the sweet smell penetrated the tip of his nose through the thick mask. He subconsciously pulled the mask on the bridge of his nose, avoiding Xia Liang's sight.

Xia Liang looked at him for a while and then asked, "Is your health better?" 

"Yes." Zhou Shuo responded ambiguously. 

"Why did you come here to pick me up? I brought my car but I don't want to drive it temporarily. Did you even guess that?" 

"...Yes." 

Zhou Shuo's answer became more and more perfunctory. He did not come here to pick him up. He made a special trip to watch over Xia Liang.

In the evening, he momentarily rejected Xia Liang's offer but then regretted it.

The thought of Xia Liang and Li Mo in the same room. . .if the two of them getting interested in drinking and messing around or something... 

The more he thought about it, the more uneasy he felt. He couldn't stay at home anymore so he could only sneak over and watch. 

But he didn't want to see Xia Liang walking out of the villa alone. He drove a car behind him for a while and saw that he seemed to be hailing a taxi, so he picked him up.

"Why? Are you so upset that you can't even speak? What do you mean?"

Zhou Shuo saw that he couldn't get through him so he hesitated, "I... worry that you will be unsafe at night so..."

Recalling the accident Xia Lin encountered in Zilin Village a few years ago, Xia Liang patted Zhou Shou on the shoulder and said, "Don't be nervous. I am in the city. What incident can happen? Besides, you are now my assistant, not a bodyguard. Even if something happens to me, no one else can blame you."

Zhou Shuo pursed his lips and did not speak anymore.

During the years he was with Xia Liang, he felt that the relationship between the two of them was always turning around in place. There was no progress. 

Every time he wanted to give Xia Liang some hints implicitly, Xia Liang's straight man's thinking always misinterprets his meaning far away.

When the two returned to Xia Family's house, Xia Liang asked casually, "What did you eat for dinner?" 

Zhou Shuo was stunned and didn't know how to answer.

Xia Liang glanced at the kitchen and noticed something was wrong then looked back at Zhou Shuo.