Chapter 11

That night, Xia Liang was sleepy and realized that he had fallen into a familiar illusion again.

Still in the dimly-lit Xia's old house. Still in a messy bedroom.

The man kneeling in front of the bed is tall but his head is lowered as if repenting in silence but invisibly gives people a strong sense of oppression. 

Xia Liang is a little surprised. From childhood to adulthood, no one can create such a sense of oppression in his aura and spirit, even his biological father cannot.

He was even more curious about the identity of this man.

"Raise your head." 

He heard his own voice, hoarse and weak, mixed with anger. It didn't sound like him at all.

The man moved slightly as if he was about to slowly raise his head but the scene in front of him suddenly shook and he was sucked into the endless darkness. 

Xia Liang slowly opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling for a long time before remembering that he was still lying in bed.

This was the second time he had dreamed of such a scene. Right in this bedroom, right on this bed, he is like a bystander. He can see the people and things around him from the first point of view but he cannot resonate with the mood of the person.

He didn't remember exactly what the man kneeling on the bed looked like. He only vaguely remembered that the silhouette was very tall. All other impressions were blurred.

If this kind of absurd dream happened only once, he would throw it out of the sky in a blink of an eye but it is now the second time. 

The scene in the dream is almost exactly the same as the last time. With further development, he actually heard the voice of his "self". This level of weirdness made him no longer able to take it lightly.

A thin layer of sunlight penetrated the window. He checked the time. It's 6:25 in the morning. The alarm clock should ring in another five minutes. 

He decided to get up but at the moment he propped up his elbow, he felt dizzy and fell on his back.

Only then did he realize that he felt heavy and weak since waking up. But he was lying on the bed just now and didn't realize it for a while.

In the afternoon two days ago, a similar situation had occurred but the symptoms were mild at that time. He struggled to get up and drank a cup of coffee to refresh his mind and the uncomfortable symptoms disappeared.

This time, he struggled several times without success and it seemed a bit serious. 

Zhou Shuo had already returned from a lap in the morning at this meeting, still carrying the breakfast he bought outside.

Aunt Wang, who is in charge of cooking, took a few days off because of her new grandson at home so these days Xia Liang and Zhou Shuo had three meals a day outside.

As soon as Zhou Shuo put his breakfast on the table, he received a WeChat message from Xia Liang: [Come to my bedroom. ]

Zhou Shuo's heart suddenly skipped a beat.

It's not that he has never entered Xia Liang's bedroom. Xia Liang is a workaholic. He often sits on the bed with a laptop at 11 or 12 o'clock in the evening. When he encounters work that needs Zhou Shuo's assistance, he will call Zhou Shuo into the bedroom.

However, in the past two days, since Zhou Shuo was exhausted physically and mentally by the smell of Xia Liang's body, he has become extremely sensitive to obvious privacy-related things such as bedrooms, pajamas, and personal items.

He subconsciously wanted to escape but he couldn't help listening to Xia Liang's orders. He could only take a few deep breaths calmly, put on a mask and run upstairs.

He knocked gently outside Xia Liang's bedroom.

"Come in." Xia Liang's voice soon came from the door. It sounds a little weak.

As soon as Zhou Shuo opened the door and walked in, he was densely enveloped by the rich and sweet smell. Even if he was mentally prepared to hold his breath, he still couldn't resist the fatal temptation.

Zhou Shuo closed his eyes, clenched his fists secretly, and forced himself to remain calm. 

When he opened his eyes again, he found Xia Liang lying on his back on the bed with one arm pressed against his forehead, his face flushed slightly. His breath is also somewhat disordered.

Xia Liang closed his eyes and said weakly, "Zhou Shuo, I may be sick. Go get me a thermometer." 

"Oh." Zhou Shuo responded with a slow response and turned stiffly to the storage room.

.......

 At this time, his mind kept replaying the scene of Xia Liang lying in bed. He was not in a good state. He searched back and forth several times before finding the thermometer.

After returning to the bedroom, he put the sterilized thermometer in Xia Liang's mouth. He stared at the pointer on the watch intently but he couldn't prevent all of his attention from being drawn by Xia Liang's breath.

"Okay, let me see the time. You go to the company first." Xia Liang said vaguely. 

Zhou Shuo was startled, "But your body..."

"Maybe it's just a cold. Don't make a fuss." Xia Liang waved his hand. "Today the company has a more important meeting. I can't go. You can attend for me. Write down the differences that you have made at the meeting then come back and tell me."

"...Okay." 

Zhou Shuo stood up, paused, and exhorted in an uneasy voice, "Breakfast is on the table. Remember to eat it later. If it is really burning, you call me, I'll take you to the hospital."

Xia Liang didn't speak anymore and waved his hand to indicate that Zhou Shou could leave.