29. Propose

AARON

We are all currently onboard my private jet, heading to Sydney for Rachael's wedding that is two days later. Our destination is just three hours away, and...

I AM PISSED!

Dylan is being a pain in our necks ever since we got on the jet. His mix of nervousness and dumbness is more irksome than his girlfriend for us. By us I mean me and Alex.

You might be wondering why is Dylan nervous when it's Alex's wedding. Let me inform then, Dylan is finally going to propose Amelia... here, right now.

"Why on the plane, jackass?", Alex asked him, trying hard to bear Dylan's excitement, in which he snatched the juice from his hand and finished it in a gulp.

"Because it's too unique. Ugh... I'm so nervous.", Dylan said.

"What's so hard in that? You just have to go and hand her that.", I said pointing at the muffin in his hand, hidden at the bottom of which is a diamond ring, just above the wrapper.

"This is even more difficult than making you apologize.", Dylan said raking his hairs.

"No Dylan, nothing is as hard as that.", Alex said looking at me, while I rolled my eyes.

"Good then, don't do it. I don't like her anyways.", I suggested.

"Me neither.", Alex agreed raising his hand.

"Why are you two always behind my Amy?"

"Hey dude, it's your Amy who's always behind us.", Alex retorted.

"She is a fighting machine, who fights with people without any reason.", I said.

"That's another reason why I like her.", he grinned like a desperate teen.

"Don't you think it's too early? Like you guys have been together for less than a month.", I asked, unsure of his decision.

How can he be so certain when even four years are less for people to actually know each other.

"Don't tell me she's pregnant.", Alex gave a horrified look.

"Eww, shut up you both. We are responsible adults.", Dylan scrunched his face.

"Then what did you see in that jungle woman?", Alex asked.

"Excuse me you watch your mouth Alex, it is my fiance to be you're talking about.", Dylan warned.

"Yes, if only she doesn't reject you first, but anyways, go on tell us the reason.", I said nonchalantly.

Dylan rolled his eyes and said, "I'm sure about her because it just feels right. I was sure about her the first time we met. I used to lose interest in every girl I met in less than a week. But it was before her."

"Ugh fine, we got it. The same old 'She's just different' thing", I air-quoted.

"No she isn't different. She is unique. My unique. And it's me who feels different around her, like I never felt around anyone. If there's anyone I can love forever, it's her."

That's some Shakespearean stuff. I can only remember the days when I used to be like him and then things changed.

"Aww man, I feel happy for you.", Alex hugged him.

We focused back to where they were seated.

"See, there they're chatting. Now go.", I said pointing to the cabin with sofa on the left, on which were seated the three girls with Amelia in the middle. My parents were seated on the two big seats at the right side of the cabin.