30. Old Friends

AARON

While having lunch with Dylan, Amelia, Alex and Rachael in the restaurant situated at the bottom floor, my eyes fell on the warm sunny area outside, visible from the huge door-sized window present in the front.

I got out of there and came here, to the beach that had few people, mostly the workers of resort, scattered here and there, as we've booked the whole resort.

I want some peace of mind that's long lost from my life. I had been craving for it, since the day Scarlett stepped back in my life, only to make it more miserable.

I took off my shoes, placed it aside and sat on the sand under the sun, watching the waves as they washed my feet.

Since the night of the event, after the argument, Scarlett didn't talk to me even once, and neither did I.

We both have been avoiding each other since then, not wanting any more brawls. She didn't even ask her Lambo back. I think she forgot it, just like she forgot me.

If we look in depths, my fate is similar to that poor car. She bought it, used it and dumped it, similar to what she did to me.

I was lost, gazing the blue sea when I felt a hand on my shoulder from behind. I turned around to see its owner and froze in my tracks.

Jacob Scott, here? I got up instantly. My blood started to boil.

"Aaron! Too glad to see you after so many years mate.", he tried to hug me.

Glad my foot!

"Wish I could say the same.", I said pushing him away.

"Warm reunion, I see."

"Can make it warmer. Want some?", I snapped, with my eyes burning furiously with rage.

"Why are you talking like that?", he asked innocently.

What does he expect? 'Long time no see pal, come let's have lunch and play golf'?

Here I'm trying hard to control the beast in me from committing a murder.

"Seriously? You stole my love and now you want me to talk all nice?", I hissed.

"I stole your love? What the hell are you talking about?", he asked perplexed.

"Wasn't snatching away Scarlett enough that you're mocking me now. Get lost before I lose my calm.", I hissed with red eyes.

"What? Scarlett said she told you the truth. You both are together, right?", he asked with furrowed brows.

"Are you for real? How could we after that day.", I gritted.

"Dear God! You need to listen to me.", he said.

"I don't want to. Just go away before I beat the hell out of you Jacob."

"I see now why you both aren't together. Because you never listen.", he yelled.

Now it's more than I could bear. That day, I missed to gift him a punch. Now I have all opportunity to satisfy myself and distort his face, even every single bone of his body.

I landed a blow on his right jaw and he flinched back.

"Stop Aaron, just listen first."

I again punched his face harder than before. Next I moved forward to gift another blow, but he caught my hand mid-air.

"Okay, if you want it this way, I'm good with it.", he said and punched me back.

I again threw a fist at him that he dodged.