𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞

Long hours passed before the small family got to Forks

Long hours passed before the small family got to Forks. Nathaniel was driving, one hand on the wheel and the other on his wife's thigh. Madelyn was almost jumping from excitement, eager to see the rest of her relatives. Aiden was also excited, babbling every so often. He was now one week old but looked like he was one year, maybe older. He could now speak full sentences, to his parents' amazement and pride. He was even starting to speak French.

"Are you excited to see Grandpa?" Nathaniel grinned at his son, turning around in his seat. Aiden had already a small idea about Charlie and he couldn't wait to meet him for real. 

"Est-ce que Papi va être content de me voir?[Will Grampa be happy to see me?]" The young child asked, fiddling with his fingers while staring outside. 

"Of course, he will be happy to see you, my love. He was the most excited when we told him we were coming back home. Don't worry about anything," Madelyn smiled reassuringly at her son, getting out of the car with the vampire. She picked Aiden out of his seat and closed the door, Nathaniel grabbing the bags they wanted to leave at the Swan's residence. While Madelyn was walking towards the front door, Aiden cuddled further against his mother's neck, trying to hide himself. The vampire quickly joined them, pressing a kiss on both of their heads and wrapping an arm around his mate. They didn't have time to knock on the door that it opened, with a smiling Charlie on the other side. 

"You guys are finally back," He grinned, taking them into his arms eagerly. Madelyn laughed, not used to see her father acting like this. Aiden's worries seemed to be thrown out of the window as he let Madelyn's neck go and wrapped his arms around Charlie's neck, making him jump. Leaning back from the couple, he hugged protectively the small child that hung onto him. Finally taking a look at the toddler, he grinned even wider, "And there's the man of the hour," Aiden giggled and hugged Charlie again. Letting the family entered, they settled down in the living room. 

For the next hour, Madelyn filled in her father about everything that happened in New Zealand, well, almost everything, while the Swan man was playing with his grandson, amazed that he was so brilliant. The family's next stop was at the Cullens' house, as they had other stuff to put away there before they had to meet with the pack. Before they could even open the front door, Alice was already there, hugging the shapeshifter tightly. 

"I missed you so much Maddy! I'm so happy you're fine, I stopped having visions about you and I was worried, and then Nate hung up on me while we were talking..." The pixie rambled, noticing her uncle standing there with a sheepish expression, and holding Aiden close to his chest. The small vampire speeded to the teacher, slapping the back of his head. "Don't do that to me again! I thought I was going to have a heart attack," She shushed her uncle when he went to talk again. "Aww, come here, little man! I'm Auntie Alice," Aiden's smile widened as the teacher passed him to his niece. 

"Alice, calm down a little, will you?" Nathaniel scolded lightly, protective over his son. Sticking her tongue out at the teacher, she speeded away, holding Aiden carefully. Joining the whole Cullen family inside, everyone gushed around the young child. None of the vampires were in contact with young children and it was a nice feeling to hold a baby again, especially for Esme and Rosalie. And once it was the blonde's turn to hold him, she didn't let go for the rest of the visit. Emmett couldn't stop the fond smile from forming on his face as he stared at his wife's face, looking at the baby in awe.