Chapter 6

The next morning, they all got up a few hours after sunrise. Zuko had mercy on Aang and told him that he could have a day off from training. Now they were all trying to figure out something to do with his day off.

"We could play with Appa and Momo," Katara suggested.

Toph shrugged, "We do that every day. I wanna do something different!"

"Guys! Guys!" Sokka and Suki ran into the camp. "We've got the perfect remedy to your boredom!"

Sokka quickly handed a flyer to Zuko. "Ah. Yes. Paper. Now we can make origami to keep us entertained. Thanks, Sokka." He said sarcastically.

Sokka rolled his eyes, "No dummy! Read the paper!"

Zuko glared at him, "No need to be rude." He crumpled up the page and threw it in his general direction.

"Ow!" the ball hit Sokka on the head, "Someone woke up on the grumpy side of the flying bison..." he picked up the flyer and uncrumpled it. "Look, it's a play about us! It's being performed by someone called the Ember Island Players!"

Zuko groaned, "Ugh! When I was a kid, they used to butcher love amongst the dragons every year. They're total garbage, you'd hate it."

"That's a shame." Suki looked back at the paper. "In hindsight, it's probably just a bunch of Fire Nation propaganda anyway." They all nodded.

"So now what?" Aang asked with a sigh.

"What about the beach?" Toph asked.

"Yeah!" Sokka grinned. "That sounds fun!"

"Aren't there going to be a lot of people?" Katara asked with concern. "We can't let them see Aang."

Zuko smiled at her, "Don't worry, I know a place."

~line break~

"Wow..." Zuko showed them to a secluded part of the beach.

"It's beautiful..." Katara murmured as they watched the sun slowly drift behind the waves.

Toph and Zuko shrugged, "It's alright." They said in unison.

"Let's play some volleyball!" Aang said excitedly.

"Which ball should we use?" Suki asked. "Someone insisted that we bring five different ones!" She glared at Sokka.

"What?" He shrugged, "I like having a variety! Zuko, toss me the blue one!"

He glared at him, "You're going to have to be a bit more specific!"

They looked at him with confusion, "The light blue one?" Sokka asked.

"You think you're so funny don't you!" he continued to glare at him, "'Zuko read this paper!' 'Zuko toss me the blue ball!' What next?! Would you like me to write a letter?! Paint a picture?!"

Everyone was silent, "I just asked for the blue ball..."

"I don't know which one the blue ball is!" he yelled. "You never have any trouble remembering Toph! When are you going to get it in your head, that I can't see?!"

They all froze. "Wait... what?"

"I CAN'T SEE!" he yelled again.

"You're blind?" Katara said with surprise.

He rolled his eyes, "Of course I'm blind! I've only been chasing you all over the globe the last year!"

"We... we didn't know..." Aang said quietly.

"Huh?" now it was Zuko's turn to be surprised.

"We all thought you could see," Suki told him.

"So, wait... you really didn't know?" he asked. They all shook their heads. "Oh... sorry for yelling at you then..."

"How long have you been blind?" Toph asked.

"Three years. Ever since I got this." he tapped his scar. "This eye was damaged so severely, that the other eye couldn't cope and gave out too."

"So that's why you made that heat-sensing thing?" Sokka asked. "So that you could see?" he nodded.

"You don't... you don't think less of me now do you?" he asked quietly.

"Of course not!" they all wrapped him in a hug, "You're our friend Zuko! Our super badass, angsty, fire-bending friend! Nothing's going to change that!"

He blushed, "Thanks..."

~line break~

A few days later, the comet arrived. With the help of his friends, Aang was able to defeat the Fire Lord. Zuko saved Katara from Azula and together, they vanquished her. Iroh and Zuko had a warm reunion, and he soon took the throne as the first blind Fire Lord. And no one ever considered him weak for it. Thanks to Zuko and his friends, the world saw many decades of peace...

The End.

(A/N - Hey guys! Well, that's it! Thanks so much for reading! I hope you liked it! Flamio Hotman!)