Chapter: 8

We were currently sat in my room. Jungkook and I a millimeter away from each other, he's on the bed on his phone like always whilst I sat in my study chair reading up on one of my favorite novels. Honestly, I still have not figured out what's so interesting about texting random people for fun, I guess a cast out like me 'still' wouldn't understand.

I randomly steal a look seeing him wildly attacking his phone, his attention solely on the person he was texting. Rolling my eyes his bad habit never changes, I don't see the logic at all since it flew straight over my head, coming here just to ignore me is really cumbersome. And I sit here, left to endure the silence of this suffocating room, wondering when he is about to leave. Though, it's been about 2 weeks since we met each other, I am still not comfortable being around him like this.

I nearly rolled my eyes again when I saw his laugh, but I composed myself and continued to read. I thought it would be easy, since I have been doing this all my life, avoiding people as they did so to me, I've been like this for almost half of my life time, hence; being ignored by a total stranger would be nothing. However, is he considered a stranger to me? I've known him for almost one month now, and even if a bit farfetched, I've grown to like him.

I bit my lips in thoughts, remembering the first time he came to my house, his little bashful look as he smirk was enough as it is, it's eager for me to mess up his little 'alone time' as though I would thought of it. So annoying, it was definitely no different than what he was previously doing when he first came to my house. "Jungkook", I started.

He hummed so forceful it almost ticked me off, 'why did he come here?' was my afterthought. He looked like he would be better off if I wasn't here, heck; he looked better off being at his own home. Not lounging here like a freelancer; ignoring my every word!

"If you are just going to sit there and blatantly disregard me, then go back home" I added, and this time he must be offended, considering he stopped texting almost immediately, he stared in my direction, maybe for 1-2 minutes. Intimidated, that's how I felt as he watched me like a Hawk, and I could only avoid his eyes and went back to read my book.

He sighed once; groan twice and again but only louder, "I thought we were creating a bond here", I gave him a disgusted look, "was it only me? Bummer", I knew he was being sarcastic, at the same time trying to rile me up for some reaction. And for this reason I was trying my best to not listen to him, but the feeling of the word 'cringe' wasn't enough to describe my current situation. I could only sat, and take in his crazy talks.

"Did you say we were creating a bond? How is that? Let me guess, sitting and ignoring me as you talk with your little female friends, intelligent". I mocked calmly, still audibly cursing under my breath.

He laughs, "You almost sound like a jealous wife".

"Is joking like this all you can ever do, absurd". I quietly place my book down and stared at his face, his smile feigning innocence, beveling his head as if he didn't understand a word I was saying.

"Whatever, I'm going to get something to eat", I stood up, not forgetting to roll my eyes at him for one last time, and begin to walk away.

"Wait", I groan, "what?" And he hissed.

"Okay I am sorry; I forget you were too grumpy to take a joke. I'll keep my phone turned off whenever I am dropping by your place". He went to fetch his said blower. "Happy", he turned it to me, before he shuts it off.

Sigh, "Fine I really don't have time with you, so just sit...I'm sure a young master such as yourself doesn't eat convenience food right?" I went towards him, my hands filled with the ramen package I just make and the snacks I previously got from my Nuna.