Ch. 12 - You Never Let Me Forget It

Monet

I stopped working at around 9am after some of Bruce's help which helped me speed up the process a lot. I swear, without him, I would be seriously fucked and still be working but not even be close to being done.

Today, we went out, just the two of us, to spend some quality time together and let me just say, God! It is getting harder and harder to keep all these secrets from him.

Bruce asked me about Chrissy today. I didn't know what to say. I just told him that we haven't been talking and she still hasn't been using her cell.

When she died, I told everyone who I wished not to tell the truth to that she just wanted to take a break from life and disconnect from everyone so people knew not to text her since she wouldn't answer. I mean they all would think it's 'cause she's ignoring them but the truth is, it's 'cause she's gone. Forever. And she isn't coming back.

I'm just glad Bruce never asked about Blaise. I honestly wouldn't be able to keep it together. I hate doing this to him. He's my bestfriend. I don't wanna keep secrets from him.

I just really hope this doesn't backfire and blow up in my face.

I suddenly felt my body swaying and being shaken by someone.

"Monet...Monet..." I heard in whispers. "Monet...you there?" The same voice over and over again. "Monet!... MONET!" they screamed as I felt a strong slap against my face.

"HOLY FUCK," I shrieked as I woke up.

"God Monet you scared the shit out of me," Nat sighed out in relief as I saw her leaning over me.

"Why the hell did you slap me?" I asked in frustration as I began rubbing my eyes.

"I came back from the training room to see you laying here on the sofa. You aren't one to do this, plus you weren't waking up. Got a bit scared, I guess," she shrugged

I felt thankful for her care for me a small smile crept on my face. "Thanks Nat. But you don't have to worry about me. I was fine."

"I didn't know that."

I realised that I had fallen asleep after Bruce brought me back at around 7pm and it was already 8:30; time for dinner.

"I'm coming give me a couple minutes," I told her knowing she was coming to get me for dinner, so she nodded and headed out of the lounge.

I really hope this whole system I've got going on doesn't get in the way or anything. That's the whole reason I'm doing all this.

I kept my word and arrived a few minutes later to find everyone waiting for me at the table. Even Loki.

"You got us worried there for a second, Monet. You weren't answering your phone," Clint spoke up while I approached the table and began to sit down between Bruce and Thor.

"Yeah sorry, I'm fine. My phone just died. I was napping."

"What?" Bruce joined, "You never nap. Sure you're alright?"

"Certain," I answered with a smile.

"Alright well I'm really hungry, so I'm gonna eat. You all do what you want," Tony said as he had already started moving some chicken onto his plate, giving everyone a soft laugh.

"Hey Monet," Bruce leaned into my ear as he started whispering to me, "if anything is wrong; you can tell me, okay? Whatever it is."

"Of course, Bruce. You never let me forget it," I said as I nudged his shoulder playfully.

He grinned, and we all began eating.

~~