Chapter Thirty-Seven

Auria's POV

My eyes tiredly flutters open and I felt so high for no reason. It was dark with only a dim light ray shining from somewhere and I found that I couldn't move that much so I just laid staring at the unfamiliar white ceiling above me.

Staring off into wonderland for a bit with my mind blank that was until reality can hitting me like a bus and my hand immediately went to my stomach as unknown emotions wash over me and my tears came and I thought I couldn't move a minute ago but I got so worried about my baby.

With me crying and hugging at my stomach I didn't even notice the movements around me until I was engolfed in warm strong arms and I instantly felt safe as I cried into his arms while he whispered sweet nothing into my ear.

It felt like hours and none of us said a word he just allowed me to have my moment while he offered his comfort. When that event happened the moment I lost consciousness I felt like that was it and I wasn't gonna be able to see my little baby I thought it all ended, I thought she finally won and that god has forgotten about me it all was truly awful so to know I'm alive and the fact that I feel my baby it was overwhelming in the most perfect way. Now I am mad at myself because I was not able to protect him and anything could've happened even the worst. I hated that I just allowed her to do that to me and that made me mad at my reality, she could've killed me and it's worst that my baby would be harmed also and it's all because I panicked and got scared just because Olivia stood there in front of me. I should've stood up for myself and for my child but I cower and let her have her way I'm so useless and stupid.

"Baby, calm down okay you're fine" Zaiden says holding my face between his palms while I cried still as I couldn't gain control over my emotions and I just now heard the heart monitor and it was going on a marathon. "Olivia, S-She could've h-hurt him Zaiden a-and it's all b-because of m-me" I tell him hiccuping between words and he looks at me sadly.

"But she didn't, he's fine and you're okay that all you need to worry about now" he says looking straight at me while I shake my head violently "you don't understand I-I got scared I c-could've tried to stop h-her but I didn't " I tell him and he sighs.

"Look I know you're hurting but it's not your fault okay and I took care of it there's nothing to worry about, you're the most amazing person I know baby and you did good in protecting him and staying strong for all of us, yes things could've gone a different way but it didn't and you pulled through and you're alive both of you..." he says staring into my eyes which I know as I could slightly see from the dim light. "You stayed alive Auria because you wanted to protect him and you did because you're here, this is not your fault my love it's all on her and I won't allow you to take the blame" he finished and even though my body was kinda weak I launch myself at him wrapping my arms around him being careful of the tubes in my arms.

Once we pulled apart he wiped away my stray tears and smiles at me even though he looked tired making me feel bad for waking him up. I am so lucky to have someone like him in my life I absolutely adore him and I appreciate him so much for being by me without judgment.

He let's out a cute yawn and I smile at that "I'm sorry for waking you" I say softly while he shook his head "don't apologize my love" he says sweetly and I decided on going back to sleep as I really did still feel tired even though I don't even know how long I've been out for but tomorrow is another day. "Come on" I say going to lay down and he followed suit laying on his back giving me access to lay on his chest which I did and he wrapped his arm around me soothing my hair. "I love you so much" I tell him drawing small circles on his chest with the tip of my fingers "I love you baby" he says lowly and I realize he's somewhat already dozing off and I did the same right after him.