Ch. 13 - Snap

Monet

Dinner passed quickly as I could feel myself dozing off from time to time while eating. I stayed out of most conversations since I was too tired to properly converse and was afraid I would snap.

Going out with Bruce really worsened my situation but I didn't want to say anything to get him worried. Also, my short nap from earlier hadn't helped at all which kinda sucks but then gave me the impression that I needed more than just a little shut-eye.

As I was in my thoughts, I suddenly heard a loud bang and immediately opened my eyes and my head shot off the table. Shit, I must've fallen asleep while thinking.

I took into account Tony's fist on the table which I assumed to be what had made the noise which woke me up.

"Monet, I'm genuinely worried about you now," you heard the voice next to you say.

"Bruce, calm down. You overreact too much," I ensured him.

"I mean I know that but seriously, you love dinner time conversations yet you barely even uttered a word throughout ours. And on top of that, you completely spaced out and fell asleep with your head resting on the table."

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired from today's day out," I said, trying to sound as confident as possible in my own words.

I gazed my eyes around the room and noticed all of them had some worried feature portrayed on their faces and a look of disbelief in my words. All except for Loki, who kept his head facing towards the table.

"Nothing else, Monet?" Bruce once again questioned.

"Nothing else," I responded.

"She's lying," I heard Loki say, with his eyes still on his empty plate.

"Shut up, Loki. No one is including you in this conversation. Your opinion doesn't fucking matter," you snapped.

"Woah, Monet! Calm down," Bruce said as he placed his hand on one of my fisted hands which rested on either side of my plate.

"He's just voicing his thoughts," Thor spoke up.

"Oh my God, I didn't mean to snap like that. I'm so sorry Loki," I said with regret in my voice. I need to do or say something that will drag us away from this conversation. This is why I didn't want to indulge into any conversations.

"Hm, no worries," he responded.

"Monet are you sure-"

"You know what," I said, interrupting Bruce purposely, "we should watch something."

I can tell Bruce decided to shrug it off as everyone agreed with me. I just hoped he wouldn't wish to continue this conversation tomorrow or something.

All eight of us got up and headed towards the living room, everyone taking their regularly used seats. Nat sat on the corner of the sofa which faced directly in front of the television with her legs folded next to her as Bruce sat to her left and I sat to his. I swung my legs over the arm of the sofa and rested my back on Bruce's side.

Steve and Clint seated themselves on a bit of a smaller sofa that was only one for two which was placed diagonally facing the television and on the left of Nat, mine, and Bruce's sofa, being nearest to me.

Tony rushed to his armchair before anyone else could which was on Nat's right and was also facing the television diagonally, and quickly took his seat. I noticed that had been Loki's regular seat whenever he came down but he hadn't known it was also Tony's since they were barely ever here at the same time.

Loki approached the seating areas after everyone else and saw there were no spots left for him. I could tell he was about to pack in for the night, but quickly brought his attention to me before he was able to turn away.

I took my legs off the arm of the sofa and sat properly with my feet in the ground, looking over to Nat and Bruce as I made a request. "Hey guys, can you scooch a bit to the right? We need more space."

"Huh?" Nat questioned. I tilted my head to the left as I was looking at Nat, signalling that Loki had no place to sit. She quickly got the idea and obliged, moving her folded legs to lay across Bruce's as he shifted much closer to her with a pink tint plastered onto his cheeks. She pulled him slightly closer with the force of her legs and leaned closer to him to place a soft lingering kiss on his cheek, until she leaned back towards the arm of the sofa.

I observed the two in awe, knowing that Bruce was finally getting the affection and relationship he deserved. Ever since I've known him and watched him grow up as much as I could, he never really had the best of luck with girls.

After seeing that Bruce got comfortable and cozy with Nat, I turned back to Loki who had his eyes rested on me.

"Here," I whispered towards him, intending for only him to hear. I patted my left side and the corners of his mouth upturned when he came to seat himself next to me.

"So," Clint announced, bringing everyone's attention to him, "what are we watching?"