18| Family Day

A S T R A E A

It's Sunday. And apparently, before we were kidnapped, we used to spend every Sunday together as a family. They labeled Sunday as a 'Family Day '. But they didn't feel like doing it after they lost us and now that we're back they want to start doing it again.

So here I am, in my room trying to find the perfect outfit. What the hell are you supposed to wear for a picnic? Helena also wanted us to wear navy blue and white so we could all match. Apparently, she wants to take a picture of the family together and frame it in the living room.

I had been searching my closet for the past hour trying to find the ideal fit. A pile of clothes was now laying on the floor. The closest that I spend hours organizing by the color—like the freak that I am, was now all messy.

I suddenly heard a chuckle from behind me, I turned around and saw Helena's eyes the mess that I made clearly amused by the situation "You're brothers and father can never choose their outfits, I always have to do it for them. Looks like your the same" She shakes her head, smiling. She made her way to the pile of clothes and pulled an ensemble. I thanked her and once she was out of the room, I immediately started dressing.

I looked at the mirror satisfied with my looks. I was wearing a short, white tennis skirt paired with a navy blue, Nike sweatshirt and underneath it a white polo. It wasn't something I u usually wear but it looks good on me, so fuck it, why not?

I stared at my reflection, remembering what Romeo's said— how my eyes were unique. Before Audrey and John started to insult my eyes and before kids at school started bullying me saying I was weird because I have two different eye colors, I used to love them. Everyone tried to convince me not to hide them but I was too stubborn. But I don't want other's opinions on me to change how I view myself anymore, they made me insecure about something I loved. I hesitantly removed my lenses revealing my natural eyes. I understand why I truly did love them and now I wanna learn how to stop being so insecure about them. I looked at my left eye— who was a familiar light shade of grey, the same one my father and brothers, except Romeo, Atlas, and Ares have. While my right eye was just like my mother's and the rest of my brothers: a bright blue.

I felt special... unique

Now I just had to do my makeup. I was not a big fan of farding so I always apply a minimal amount of cosmetics to my face. I used concealer to hide the dark bags under my eyes caused by the lack of sleep. I then proceeded to put on some waterproof mascara. I also applied a bit of blush, for the final touch I painted my lips with a petal-soft lip gloss that was simple with a wet-look shine to it. I remember stealing— I mean borrowing it from my best friend Julie last month. The pain and trauma I had gone through to get it were unimaginable. When I was speaking in Jules' room to get my hands on that gloss, I, unfortunately, caught her fucking Leilah— who was Nic's best friend's little sister

All for a fucking lip gloss—

Before going down, I sprayed a bit of my Eau de toilette named 'Daisy Love' by Marc Jacobs. It was one of my favorites, it was elegant yet simple. Daisy love is a fresh floral fragrance with a fruity opening and a woody-muck base.

When I entered the living room, I was greeted by my impatient family– I don't blame them, they have been waiting for me for hours. My brothers were all wearing navy blue shorts paired with a white polo or the opposite— White shorts paired with a navy blue polo. Vince had put on a casual white blouse leaving the first two bottoms unbuttoned matched with dark blue pants— which was weird since I never saw him or Antonio in anything other than suites. Helena was dressed in a one-shoulder, stunning, striped midnight blue and white dress.