Chapter Thirty Six

Cyrus stares blankly at the white mug of coffee on his desk, stirring the dark brown liquid inside

Cyrus stares blankly at the white mug of coffee on his desk, stirring the dark brown liquid inside. Steam rises from it and drifts through his nostrils, soothing him with its enticing aroma.

But, no, none of this is comforting to him, and none of it is right. The aroma of the coffee serves as a painful reminder that he should not be sitting idle right now. Cyrus shouldn't be slacking off when Raiden and the others are out there, possibly in danger.

It's been nearly a month since Raiden's team left for Arcelio Palace, but they haven't returned until now. Nobody has seen them, and there is little to no information about their whereabouts.

The laities are even dispatched to gather information, but they always come back empty-handed.

Four Aragons are missing.

By that point, it had been declared that their mysterious absence was due to a Blood Demon.

It must be.

Since then, Cyrus has been restless. He hasn't gotten much sleep in the last few weeks, and he's lost his appetite. That's why even the enticing coffee in front of him can't make him feel better. That aroma only adds to the swirling emotions inside him, a feeling akin to attending a funeral.

He clenches his teeth, attempting to push away the unwanted thoughts that have arisen in his mind.

They're not dead, they shouldn't be. Cyrus has lost count of how many times he has reminded himself of this. And he won't stop until he proves himself right.

The Order even sought the King's assistance because the palace was the last place the four Aragons were - but no information was provided. Furthermore, the royal family is still mourning the loss of their people and the departure of Ian, the crown prince.

Ian also informed them that the last time he saw Raia's team, they were leaving the palace in a carriage. Of course, after receiving that information, they questioned every coachman in Yohan City to see if they had four teenagers wearing long black coats as passengers. But none of them are certain if they came across anyone who fit the description provided.

There is, however, this coachman who was found unconscious on Orchard Street. Unfortunately, he had no recollection of anything before losing consciousness.

The majority of Nirvana Order members from various branches have concluded that Raia's team is already dead. But then, Cyrus, on the other hand, does not share the same assumption - he believes Raiden and the others are still alive somewhere.

He even promised me that he will achieve the highest Divine Level of his Blessing, Cyrus ponders, recalling Raiden's words.

Knocks come at the door, but Cyrus is too preoccupied with his thoughts to care until the door opens.

They're still alive. They must be, Cyrus assures himself, his eyes narrowing.

"Bishop Galbraith!" Sonnet's sharp voice snaps Cyrus out of his daze. The hand stirring the coffee freezes, and he turns to face the woman.