Chaper six

It had been over a week since the dark lord left to go on his travels and Cassiopeia was starting to feel useless and bored of being Alone in her room, that was were this terrible day started. She paced her room for an hour before deciding enough was enough she was going to entertain herself.

She went to the kitchens but the house elves weren't there, she knew that her father was in his office because she could feel his thoughts. She decided that the best thing to do would be to go to the family library to read into prophecies to see if she could find a way to figure out what she had seen the night she was looked into someone's mind and caught a fragment of it. But it was no use every lead she had would just leave her with more questions, it was starting to rile her up.

She felt the magic bubbling up inside her making the coldness she was feeling melt from the inside, she looked over to the fire place and the small flames that were flickering. Control, she thought. Focus. She closed her eyes and tried to release her anger into the fire, it shot out and blew her right off her feet setting fire to the section of books that was closest too it.

She tried to put it out but every time she tried her anger made it worse until she felt the smoke in her throat and ran for the door falling down as she got through it. When she opened her eyes she was looking right at the murderous snarl of Cygnus Black.

"How many times do you need to be told you stupid useless girl!" He shouted.

He ran into the room and Cassie heard him shouting different charms to put out the fire, she tried to scramble to her feet but was hit with a body bind curse.

"I'm sorry father" she whined trying to move.

"I have told you multiple times and you just don't listen I don't know what it's going to take!" He took out his wand and pointed it at her.

"No, no, father please" she begged through sobs.

"Crucio!" His voice was like thorns digging into her.

But the curse was like death, the familiar feeling of her bones shaking and her limbs spasming made her body curl up and then stretch back out. The pain made its way up her spine making her senses blur, then came the taste of blood in her mouth this time it started to spill out dripping onto the floor. That's when she heard the voice, the dark lords voice in the back of her mind 'your strong enough to handle anything' that was what she needed.

It took her every ounce of energy she had left and channeled her emotions, although this wasn't anger it was pain and sadness. She let out a sobbing scream and directed her power around her, she felt her magic seeping out of every pore in her body. It was like an explosion of blue and green sparks shooting out in every direction, she watched Cygnus fly backwards down the hall and she let out another cry that must have pierced the wards of the house because a screeching alarm started to ring.

Then the sparks changed and it was like a black mist lifted her up and threw her back down like she was weightless. Cassie tried to move but it was a pathetic attempt and her breath hitched, she turned her head to see her father laying still at the end of the corridor. She smiled and then the darkness took her and she lost consciousness.

———————————————————————

Narcissa and Bellatrix had both got the alert for there childhood home when the wards had been breached. Narcissa was resting as the baby was causing her ankles to swell up but she knew that something was wrong and Bella had just gotten back to her estate from getting the dark lord to a safe house across the country she felt it too.

The pair of them apperated and within seconds they were stood looking at Hawthorn hall, it looked wrong. The windows had been shattered and there was a dark mist in the sky above the home.