Chapter 35

LISA

It's been a year and a half since Jennie abandoned me—I mean us. She ghosted us! On the day of our freaking graduation. I went to their house the next day but I was told that they flew to New Zealand the night before.

The first two weeks had been so hard for me. I even got sick and I became tired of everything. But then Jisoo and Chaeng was always there for me. They tried to keep me entertained and they helped me overcome the pain through accepting the reality that she's gone and she's done with me.

Jennie? She never texted me or messaged me on her social media accounts while I've been flooding her with millions of my messages for almost a month!

When dad noticed how pitiful I've become. He decided to make me redirect my focus by telling me to start my own business. That's when I decided to start my photography business which became a top ranking company in a year. I was able to gather the best team in our country and I even reached out to my friends in Thailand that's why we made a big name in the industry faster than anybody else could. Of course I got investments from my dad and my own connections and it made the financial concerns not less than a problem. Our business does not only cover wedding shoots, birthday parties, magazine covers, and the like but we also sell our very own cameras. We are really expanding as days went by and now I'm planning to build an academy that will teach interested students all about photography.

Jisoo had also earned her own title. She finally decided to become an actress while Rosé had been scouted and she became a solo artist who had sold millions of her albums in her first release.

And the ending? We became busier than we are in college.

As for Jennie, I don't know. I don't have any news from her but I often saw her on magazines and on fashion events hosted by Chanel. I have accepted that we are really over. At the very least, I can already say that "we are over" in my mind without shedding a tear.

"Hey. I told you not to bother picking me up," I hugged Jisoo who came and walked like a fashion model toward me. She had become more gorgeous than ever.

I am in LA because Taehyung called me that he will be having his engagement party tomorrow. Taehyung is my cousin and my bestfriend. He's a businessman too and it was all because of his hard work and dedication. I admired him, a lot. He's like a brother to me although we only see each other during summer breaks.

"I missed you and you will never be a bother. After all, I finished shooting earlier than expected so why not take the time and meet the amazing Manoban of the photography industry?"

"Oh come on you rabbit Kim!"

"So where should I drop you off? On the garbage bin?" Jisoo joked as she turned the engine on.

"Do you want the garbage to be included in the 7 wonders of the world? If you really want, then you can drop me at the nearest garbage bin," we both laughed at what I've said. Some things never really change.

"Where are we going Miss Beautiful?" Jisoo asked again in a manly voice.

"Ew! Cringe. Drop me at Lilac Club."

"Seriously? You're going clubbing the moment you landed on LA? You really are amazing!"

"No it's not that. Taehyung's gonna throw a party tonight. I think I might be late."

"Ohh your cousin? Let me tag along. I can be your date tonight."

"You sure? Aren't you tired?"

"I'm not and I will never get tired when I'm with you," I smack her head lightly.

"Stop using those lines from your drama on me. I watched it and it's starting to make me hate that scene because you're ruining it yourself in front of me."

"You're so harsh Manoban!"

After an hour drive, we stopped in front of a fancy club. All eyes were on us as we entered the building. I mean who wouldn't glue their gaze on us when I'm walking with a gorgeous lady?

"This way please," a man in a formal suit guided us toward a private space. We were welcomed by a loud music and the sounds of glasses clinking.

Taehyung welcomed me with a hug and he did a handshake with Jisoo.

"You've got a pretty date Manoban. Girlfriend?"

"Uh—"

"I'm Jisoo," she introduced herself which made Taehyung grin at me.

"I didn't know that you are dating a celebrity! You really have a good taste."

"Oh come on we're not—"

Jisoo gave me a playful smile then she dragged me closer to her.

"We look good right?"

"Of course! I'm a fan by the way and I'm so honored to have you here at my party."

"Oh no worries. And thank you for welcoming an uninvited guest."

"Uninvited? You're already invited the moment Manoban had asked you to come."

"Seriously? I'm the bestfriend here and you two are doing all the talk."

"Opps. I forgot that you existed for a moment Lisa-yah," I hit Taehyung's arm.

"So where is the bride to be?" I asked, one eyebrow raised.

"She went to the restroom. Oh! She's here."

"Sorry, it took me long. Did your bestfriend—" I heard a familiar voice nearing me and it made my muscles become tense. My heart raced upon hearing the woman from behind speak. My chest screamed louder than the music occupying the whole space. I feel deaf ear for a moment and my eyes got blurry. I tried to think straight. I kept convincing myself that I'm just hearing things.

But then, my instinct never failed me.

"Jen-nie?" my voice cracked when the woman turned her head and faced me. She was as surprised as I am.

It's Jennie.

The Jennie Kim that I know and once loved.

Or maybe,

the woman that I still love?