Chapter 89: Ash, with unicorn hair core

Y/n Pov:

I carried my bags to the Hogwarts express. I hadn't talked to anyone in the past few days, being in my own world. I felt numb, and I felt horrible that I couldn't cry over Cedric.

"Y/n?" Draco called out. "Not now Draco, I want to be alone" I replied walking away. "You've been saying that all week. You're pushing away everyone who cares about you" he said.

"What do you want me to do? Sit and weep over the fact that someone died because of me? Acknowledge the fact that Voldemort is back? I am trying to cry, but I can't feel a thing. His death keeps replaying in my mind like a broken record! I can't stop thinking about anything! I can't smile like everyone wants me to, I just can't!" I burst out.

For the first time in a week, I started to sob. "Hey, I'm here" Draco said hugging me. "I'm full of guilt Dray, I can't stop thinking about his cold dead body" I said softly. "It's not your fault alright?" he replied.

"Y/n?Come with me, I want to say something to you" I heard Harry say. "Happy holidays Draco" I said kissing him. "Write to me every week. Take care of yourself darling, don't forget it isn't your fault. Happy holidays" Draco replied pulling away.

"You're finally talking" Harry said to me as we walked away from Draco. "I just burst out" I replied. "You know, I should get away from the wizarding world for a while" I added. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I could stay at some muggle boarding house or something" I replied.

"You should come stay with me and the Dursleys, if I can somehow convince them, I'll behave all summer" he suggested. "But I don't know them Harry" I replied. "You are technically their niece" he reasoned. "But only technically, however I'll think about it" I replied.

"Just so you know, I understand how you feel. It's hard to talk about Cedric" he said. "Thanks Harry, I needed that. Everyone wants me to mope around and get over with it, but someone died because of me, in front of me, without choosing to" I replied.

"Y/n!" I heard Hagrid yelling. "Hey Hagrid" I replied. "I saw how sad you've been all these days, and I thought it was the right time to give this to ya" he said handing me a box. I opened to see a wand, Cedric's wand to be specific. Ash wood, with unicorn hair core.

"Hagrid.." I said tearing up. "Mr Diggory wanted me to give it to ya, said your words made him happy" Hagrid replied. "We're all  sad about Cedric Diggory, some more than others. But he'll always be with us, especially when it matters" he added.

"Thank you" I replied hugging him. 

"Well, you better be off, don't want the train to go without ya both" Hagrid said. "Bye Hagrid, happy holidays" I replied. I walked away with Harry.

"You still can't find a smile?" Harry asked. "I'm sorry, I'm trying but it's hard" I replied sighing. "We have all summer to work on that" he responded. "And to work on how to end Voldemort" I added.