Chapter 14

The rest of the school year passed quickly.

Exams and Quidditch were over, Gryffindor losing the Cup to Ravenclaw by 28 points. At least it wasn't Slytherin.

Leona and Fred were doing quite well as they explored their new relationship, which in all honesty, wasn't that different to their old relationship.

Sure, there was a little more hand-holding, hugging, compliments, the occasional kiss, but they still talked the same, they were still very comfortable with one another.

But it was after exams did they discover something shocking.

Professor Quirrell had been working with Lord Voldemort.

He had been Lord Voldemort.

The reason why he wore a turban was to hide the Dark Lord's face that grew onto the back of his bald head.

And Ron and Hermione had been the ones to help Harry stop him from getting the Philosopher's Stone, which happened to be hidden in the castle.

So here they sat.

With their hats on, frowns and dejected looks on their faces as the Great Hall was decorated with the Slytherin colours for the end of year feast as they'd been the ones to win the House Cup, Gryffindor at the very bottom of the leader board.

"Another year, gone," Dumbledore began as he stood for his final speech for the year. "And now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awards and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312 points."

The sound of applause was minimal and soft, barely there at all and barely anyone from their own house even clapping.

"In third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points."

The clapping grew a little louder that time.

"In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points."

There were a few cheers to that, but the same level of saddened applause.

It seemed that no one wanted Slytherin to win, but Slytherin.

"And in first place, with 472 points, is Slytherin house."

The Slytherin's roared with glee and victory as they clapped and banged on the table.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin, however," Dumbledore continued and Leona looked from the twins to the Headmaster, confused. "Recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award."

The room held their breath, Slytherin the most anxious to see if they would keep their lead as they wondered who could possibly be awarded points by the headmaster no less.

"To Miss Hermione Granger," Dumbledore announced, the girl blinking in surprise as Leona gave her a supportive side hug. "For cool use of intellect when others were in grave peril, 50 points."

The table cheered as Harry patted Hermione's shoulder as he praised, "Good job!"

"Second, to Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points."

The cheers of the Gryffindor's grew louder as the twins hit Ron's back in praise.

"And third, to Mr Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house, 60 points."

Leona's eyes widened as the table cheered, her hand gripping Fred's in anticipation.

They were now tied with Slytherin.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points, to Neville Longbottom.

And their table roared.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order."

And Dumbledore clapped a single time as the Slytherin greens and silvers were replaced with the Gryffindor reds and golds, the snake transforming into a lion.

"Gryffindor wins the House Cup," Dumbledore announced and the cheers were deafening as everyone except Slytherin got to their feet, smiles and shouts as they tossed their hats into the air.

And as George shared a hug with Oliver, Fred snuck a kiss with Leona.

Ron and Percy still didn't know about them yet, neither did the rest of their family.

They were still figuring it out themselves and still wanted the privacy of keeping it to themselves.

But she had to say, this might have been her favourite year at Hogwarts.