Chapter 8

Quick A/N, please vote and leave a comment if you enjoy! I take constructive criticism too. It really motivates me to continue writing so thank you to those of you that interact <3

Katelyn's pov

Not long after Alec left me to my own thoughts, Clary approached me along with Jace

"Kate, did a warlock steal Clary's memories? If one did, do you know which one?" The annoying blond interrogates.

"Yes, one did. I don't know who it was though, my mom stopped bringing me along after she told me about the shadow world." This was only half the truth however.

I knew it was Magnus, but I didn't want to bring him into this. Not yet at least. I didn't trust these people yet, so I wouldn't be telling them everything.

"Dang. Well since Jace told me that Dot was a warlock after I explained how she sent us through a portal to the police station. We can find her and we'll start there." I nod at my little sister, proud at the way she was sort of leading.

"Okay, c'mon then. Let's go find Izzy and see if she has any other clothes for you. I can tell you're not really too comfortable in that." I then direct my attention toward Jace. "You should probably go tell Alec or something."

After Jace nods and gives us some directions to the room, Clary and I part ways with him to find the beautiful brunette. We walk in a comfortable silence and as I'm about to knock on the door, I'm stopped.

"Kate?"

I turned to the girl who just turned 18 a couple days ago, "Yeah Little Red?"

"If you knew about all this stuff, why did you never say anything to me?" I could hear the hurt in her voice, my hard exterior immediately softening and a pit of guilt forming.

"I wanted to. I swear to you I did, but mom made me promise not to. The only reason I was even told was because she wanted me to be able to protect you and even if I were to tell you, mom would have had your memory wiped of the information." I hold eye contact so she knows I'm telling the truth, which I am, and silently plead with her to believe me.

She's silent for a moment before responding, "Okay, I believe you. But you promise you would have told me if not for mom?"

"Yes, I promise. I believe you would have been safer knowing actually."

Clary nods and gives me a small smile.

"Okay. Let's go talk to Izzy now and see if she has anything less revealing for me to wear."

I chuckle and proceed to knock on the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was currently standing behind the changing screen that Izzy had in her room after deciding a dress probably wasn't the best thing to wear incase we had to do something. While I did that, Clary was examining herself in the mirror.