Chapter 94 - Choose A Side

Ryu sat in his office working late into the night.Alicia had just moved back today and he wished to be by her side at this time.But time was of essence.He could feel that Mr. X was getting more and more aggressive in his attacks.He needed to finish the pending work as soon as possible so that they could leave safely.His family's safety was of utmost importance.He knew Assistant Yang had been passing all the information to Mr.X. Ryu had always known that Assistant Yang was a spy.And it was no accident.Assistant Yang had been the one to inform him of the fact.

12 years ago

"Then we are in this together."Ryu held out his hand for Assistant Yang.Though Assistant Yang shook his hand,his conscience was troubling him.

Ryu Long thought that he had gained an ally but in reality he had attached to himself a spy.

"Director Long,I umm...have you discussed your plan to keep me by your side with anyone else?"

Listening to the question,Ryu's expression changed."Yes.. I have discussed it with Director Shen."

Director Shen was the only director in the company who was on Ryu's side.He was also Ryu's mentor and guide.The then Vice President Yang gulped and his hands formed fists at his side.

"Director Long,do you believe in him?I don't think you know but I was hired by your father.But he hired me on someone else's recommendation.I don't know who.But whoever did that had bad intentions.You know I come from a poor family and I received a scholarship to finish my graduation but there was a catch.This was not a normal scholarship.I was to be groomed with the intention to take down the CEO.But once I had infiltrated the company I started having doubts.Your father mentored me and I was hesitant to go against him...so I conveyed my doubts.I was threatened and warned to not dare to go against him and that my dilemma was going to be resolved soon."

Repressing a sigh,Assistant Yang continued,"The next week your father passed away and I received another cryptic email saying that now I can oppose you."

"I am worried that whoever has sent me here is responsible for that...I do not wish to be entangled with a murderer.I was coming to tell you that I am going to bow out and resign.But seeing the proposal for the future of the company that you have prepared I wish I could stand behind you which is why I am tempted to stay here.But you need to decide whether you wish to keep a spy.I can promise not to betray you in the future"

Ryu Long quietly stared at the man who had almost confessed that he was in league with his parent's murderer.His young face was expressionless even as he had been told that his parents had been murdered.At last,Ryu said,"VP Yang,the choice is not mine but yours.If a person does not hesitate to murder once then he will not hesitate a second time.You think I don't know that my parents were murdered as part of a conspiracy?But know this even if you choose me,you will have to be a spy.For me.Until we discover the identity of that person.And remember to secure my position and safeguard my family,I too will be ruthless.I have no mercy for those who stand against me.Also once you stand with me,the number of your enemies will increase tenfold."

Assistant Yang understood the threat and warning in those words. Ryu Long was making it clear that he too would not hesitate in meting out punishment if he was double crossed.VP Yang thought that the rich really were ruthless.For a teenager to be so casual about enemies and punishments was really horrifying.However,he had chosen his side."As I said,I am with you boss."

Ryu looked into the determined eyes and then smiled,"Good,then.This will be the last time I will question your sincerity. We will not talk about this in the future..That man must have many spies so he must know by now about your plan to resign.Take this proposal and send parts of it to Mr X.Let him judge when he wants to attack."Ryu had pushed the file on the table towards VP Yang.

Assistant Yang looked at the file on the table and asked,"But why?Why not try to expose him now?"

Ryu answered,"I need time to establish myself and the information in this file will buy me that.Until then I will catch the small fishes first and cast a wider net on the other side.You understand?From time to time I will pass on information for you to pass to him and in turn you will let me know about his demands.Agreed?"

"Agreed."

A few months later,

"Boss,Mr X has contacted me again.He wants the details on the IT project that the company is investing in.He has asked e to sabotage it.This is the important project we are working on.Should I pass on the wrong details?"

"Assistant Yang,Passing on the details will make him doubt you.Pass the correct details."

"But Sir...that would cause the company to lose out money..."

"Nothing that we cannot handle.Go ahead."

Many similar cases happened over the years and every case caused a setback to the company but somehow after every setback the company climbed even higher.

This reassured Assistant Yang at the same time frustrated Mr.X