Chapter 96 - Al And Ru

Alicia had finally come back home from the cursed hospital. Breathing deeply,she gave a sigh of relief.She hated being confined in that place.However the effect of medicines was still there and she fell asleep by the time they reached home.She did not even realize how she had reached the bed...She woke up to find that all her stuff had been moved into Ryu's bedroom except a few things which were nowhere to be found. Alicia looked around the room with a frown on her face.She needed to choose a place to put the poster of her favorite band but though all the walls were empty she couldn't find a suitable place.Also the walls were too bland and boring.They really needed sprucing up.

Just then Ru came into the room and jumped up on the bed."Mother,you are awake.Are you hungry.You can order whatever you want to eat from the phone there."Ru pointed to the new phone that had been installed on the bedside table."It is an inter-communication phone.Press 1 and you can call the kitchen.Or just tell me and I will bring it for you."

Alicia stared at the phone in dismay but quickly picked it up and ordered some noodles and stir fry vegetables for both of them.It was almost time for dinner so she was feeling really hungry.While waiting for dinner,she chatted with Ru who told her about how his father had brought her here and put her to bed.He then left for office with orders to let her sleep.

"Little baby...where is your father?"

Ru made a piggy face and answered,"At the office.He said that we have to move to a different country soon and so he needs to finish his work faster.Then we will spend all day together like a real family.So I must not be sad.But mother,I don't like being alone."

Alicia smiled and patted Ru's cheeks and said,"How is my little baby alone...Come...let's do something amazing."With that she whispered something in Ru's ears which brought a big smile on his face.

With a bright smile on his face,Ru ran to his room.He had in his hands 2 small canvas.Alicia,in the meantime,took her laptop and chose pictures and ordered prints and frames and sent it to the local shopkeeper.The shopkeeper was promised extra payment if he finished the mentioned articles today itself.So with the promise of extra money,the Shopkeeper got to work.As he developed the pictures and saw the beautiful persons on in them he felt satisfied with his with the overtime.After all,it was not everyday that he got to print pictures of so many beautiful pictures together.He wondered if these pictures were for some movies and the people in them were actors,maybe.He immediately got to framing them.And was able to send them on time.

At the house:

Alicia and Ru finished their dinner like a pack of hungry wolves and got to work.The 2 canvas were a gift from Matt and which were hung in the center of the wall opposite the bed.Around the 2 canvas,Alicia hung some candid photos of Ryu and Ru,Ru and his uncles in birthday caps,Ryu and his brothers when they cut the cake,,the caricature that she had gifted Ryu,etc. The blank wall was filled with pictures of Ryu,Ru,Matt,Neil and Ah Hai. Lastly she looked at the 3 frames she was holding.

The first frame was of her and him as he fed her cake.She had no idea when this picture was clicked but it was too beautiful.The second was when Ryu had opened her gift and given a small smile.She c.a.r.e.s.sed Ryu's picture softly as if she was touching him...The third was not actually a picture but a photo card of her favorite boy band.Finally placing all the frames,Ru and Alicia were satisfied with their work.

Finally,Alicia and Ru fell back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling.Alicia was exhausted from the effort and the stitches in her shoulder were aching a bit bt she was happy.Ru was also brimming with happiness.He had done these types of things in the past with Alicia but this was the first time they had done something like this after she became his mother.He was overjoyed and not tired at all.

Immediately getting up Ru said,"Mother,this s looking very beautiful.You have to decorate my room too.When we go to country A,you decorate my room first and then father's.Promise?"

"Aye aye captain.I promise.."Alicia saluted at Ru but then asked with a mischievous smile,"but what if I make it very girly?"

Ru,already used to her mischievous ways answered instantly,"Then you will have to redecorate.Don't worry,I will help you understand boys!"

Alicia:"..."

That is when Alicia saw the time and exclaimed,"Aiya Little baby Ru,you have to go to school tomorrow.Come let's give you a bath and put you to sleep.

After the bath,Ryu was dressed in his colorful dragon pyjamas and staring at Alicia pitifully."I want to hear a story."The puppy eyes and small face melted Alicia but the problem was she did know any stories that she could remember.She lied down on the bed and started,"Once upon a time there was a princess..."

She was soon interrupted,"when will the dragon come?"

"Dragon?"

"Yes,every story must have a dragon to fight against bad people."

"But this story has a princess and not a dragon..."

Ru's small face turned in pout and he said,"I want a dragon."

Alicia made a similar face and said "But I only have a princess."

"Princess' are for girls."

"Well I am a girl!"

"But..."Ru had no rejoinder for this exclamation and quieted and closed his eyes.He loved having these small tiffs with his mother because coming next was his favorite part.

Alicia picked the sad faced Ru and pulled him into a hug."Aiya baby Ru,I don't know any dragon stories..."

She waited for a reply but the little boy had already fallen asleep comfortably on his mother's l.a.p.

Poor Alicia was unaware that she had been duped by a 5 year old.She hugged the baby back and fell asleep.