Chapter 100 - Uproar at Lance Inc.

The next morning,work at Lance Inc was going as usual.The employees were busy with and the atmosphere was peaceful.However,soon an email was received by everyone.The first thing that shocked everyone was that the email was directly from the CEO's personal id and not his office.The second and most rocking that their workaholic CEO was going on indefinite leave!And the Ice King was going to be CEO in his place.After the detailed letter was received,there were strict instructions that nobody was allowed to discuss the contents of the email...not even among themselves.Thus all employees were covertly glancing at each other anxiously wanting to discuss the new development but did not dare to.Various people guessed at different reasons for this sudden development but they were only guesses.

About an hour later,the PR department released a statement stating the change and reasons furnished were said to be personal.The sudden press release in the middle of the day caused a sudden uproar.Many finance experts and bloggers started online discussions about the ramifications of this and future predictions were made.Some spoke badly about Ryu Long taking a sudden indefinite leave and not stating his reasons clearly while others defended him saying that he was allowed to take a well deserved break after 12 years.

Ryu Long was the latest trending topic on the internet within an hour and trending everywhere.

However the most affected were those in the upper management.They were tired of his dictating ways...They just needed someone to stand against him!And just like that some nefarious people started planning underhanded ways to snatch the power in the absence of the typhoon...

In a posh office in the suburbs:

Mr.X started laughing heartily after reading the press release.Finally,Ryu Long,that slippery fish had fallen into his net.He was planning to run to country A?Ha...run run...Soon he will be brought back with his tail tucked between his legs.But by then there will be nothing left to save.And once the king fell,the soldiers will be easy pickings.Picking up his phone,he set the next plan in motion..

By the end of the day,every person in the PR departments and the CEO liaison department was exhausted from the calls.They had finally switched off their phones but some of them could still hear the ringing in their ears...

The PR department was suffering the worse.Lance Inc. hardly ever required any emergency PR meetings in the past...but now they were being bombarded one after another.

As Assistant Yang and Ryu Long walked towards the company's exit,many employees who were passing stopped on the way.They were greeting the CEO but then their expressions turned unsure..Were they supposed to greet him as Assistant or CEO?Seeing their faces made Ryu want to laugh out loud.He stopped in his tracks and Assistant Yang who was walking a step behind him stopped and looked at him questionably.

With a soft but clear voice he said,"CEO Yang,why are you following me?Let's walk together"

All the employees in the vicinity heard this and their doubts cleared.They knew what to say in the future.

At the Long family home:

Alicia and Ru were not concerned about the news.They were busy packing and talking arrangements about their two day holiday.Ru was full of questions about her hometown and the Grandpa Ye he was going get to meet.This was the first time Ru was going on an outing with his father and mother only.He was beyond excited.He watched his mother pack a picnic basket for them and then attach his car seat in the back of the car.He used to hate sitting in that seat because he felt that he was too old for it but his mother had explained that he must sit there so that he would be safe and then she would not worry too much. So how could he let his mother worry..

He had been up since early morning because he was too excited. They were going to leave in the evening and reach there late in the night. Ryu and Alicia planned to take turns driving.She knew that there was a small picnic point on the way and she had planned to for them stop there.

Finally,Ru's patience was at an end and he was bouncing on the balls of his feet waiting at the door for his father to come home.

Once Ryu was home,he freshened up and changed into casual clothing and the family of three set off for a holiday.

After a couple of hours of driving,they stopped at a picnic point and filled their bellies with tasty dumplings ,sandwiches and in Al and Ru's cases also with muffins and cookies.

Ryu observed the scene and thought Ru's sweet tooth is definitely inspired from his mother!

After an hour,they packed their bags and walked towards their car.

Ru was holding his father and mother's hand in each of his hands and his little face was glowing with happiness. Ryu and Alicia were dragged along as they were dragged along by a hopping Ru.

As the car moved towards their intended destination Ru was tired out and fell asleep in his seat.The atmosphere in the car turned peaceful and tranquil. Ryu who was driving them,the question that he had been burning to ask since that night.

"Missus?"

"Hmm?"Alicia who was staring at the scenery absently answered.

"Did you say you bought a house there recently?Why..You don't have family there. Then why??"

"I bought my childhood home.My ex had duped me into signing it over to him.So I bought it back."

"You spent money to actually buy back something that belonged to you and let them profit?"

When she did not give an answer he turned to look at her fearing that he had offended her.But she was grinning like a cat who got the cream...

With a big grin she answered,"I did spend money but I did not let them profit!They suffered a loss and humiliation for their troubles.I robbed the robbers!!"