Chapter 36

LISA

"You knew each other?" Taehyung said, fully amazed.

"We went to the same university," Jisoo answered sternly.

"Please excuse us," I quickly grabbed Jennie's hand and pulled her to the bathroom not minding how Taehyung looked at us with his questioning eyes. I slammed the door close and locked it. If there's one thing that I'm feeling right now, that would be anger.

The good thing is, I'm good at controlling myself that's why I'm still calm.

But not too calm.

"Lisa—"

"You're getting married? With my cousin? Life must be joking with me," I started while I combed my hair using my fingers and lightly pulled it out of frustration. Jennie stayed silent, her eyes on the floor.

"Why did you do it Jennie? Why did you abruptly cut ties with us? With me?! I've been worried about you for a year and I've been living my life in search for an answer to what you've done. And now you're just here living a good life not minding how many people had suffered from longing when you left without even saying goodbye?"

"I'm sorry—"

"Sorry? Do you think that word is enough to make things up? Tell me, am I that easy to forget? Am I that easy to abandon?"

"No. You're wrong. I'm sorry for leaving without even saying goodbye. It was all...it just happened. Something bad happened and I almost lost myself in the process," Jennie made contact with my eyes. Tears are streaming down her face. I felt a sudden pinch in my heart but I couldn't shed tears anymore. I've been so done with crying every night ever since she left me.

"Lost? Are you making fun of me? How can someone who feels so lost be here in LA attending a party and getting engaged the next day? How can a lost person be still in track of her passion by showing up in every fashion show and getting more exposure through modeling in various magazines? Am I a joke to you?!" I raised my voice, a little bit higher than my usual. I think my heart is going to explode because of the fire burning in my chest while words flow like a river through my mouth and I just can't seem to stop.

Jennie couldn't find words to speak. She hugged me and she buried her face on my chest. All I can hear was hear loud sob and it somehow calmed me making me realize what I am doing.

"Jennie, how can you hurt me this much? Can't I even know the reason? Don't I deserve an explanation? Hmm?" Jennie pushed herself away from me. She wiped her tears and stared at my eyes intently.

"The night before graduation, my grandma died. And the day after, my dad got diagnosed with cancer. It's incurable," she stopped trying to cool down for a bit.

"That's why I'm granting his last wish before he dies. I have to marry the guy that he chose to become my husband."

I felt like I've been shot by multiple arrows and my body suddenly feels numb. Tears escaped from eyes. I didn't know that I'll ever cry again. All because of her.

After saying those words, she walked towards the door but before she could unlock the door, I spoke again.

"Have you ever tried to tell your dad about us? Have you ever considered the possibility that he could've been just afraid of your future that's why he chose someone who will be a good partner to you? You told me that you're the happiest when you're with me. Don't you think your father will be happier if you're with the person who makes you feel like home? Aren't I that person anymore? Don't you love me anymore? Answer me Kim Jennie."