Chapter 108 - Shotgun Wedding

Alicia looked at Ryu with amazement and gratitude.She had never expected him to do this...

Uncle Ye held Alicia's hand and moved to sit inside the room.As they walked in,Uncle Ye stopped near Ryu and giving a smile,pinched Ryu's cheeks(as if he was a baby) and continuing forward said,"Ryu ah promised me to care for you and be loyal to you forever.But I have yet to agree.I said that I will ask my little Alice first and only then only will I agree.So tell me Little baby,do you want to marry this rascal?I have researched him on that internet thingy...He comes across a staid and simple businessman which is pretty boring..He doesn't even have any personal scandals and all.No drugs or clingy women problems.No rave parties,nothing.Plus,he is rich and intelligent...He is totally a good boy.There will be no entertainment in your life...Will you be happy with such a boring boy?"

Ryu: "..." Aren't those things good?

Ah Hai, Matt and Neil,who had followed the three people heard this and vowed to never get married if this is how the in-laws bullied you...Nobody dared to talk to their brother like this and live to tell the tale..

Alicia looked at Uncle Ye and solemnly said,"Yes,Uncle Ye,I want to marry him."Her usually smiling and happy eyes had a sheen of tears.She finally knew,that all this was a sham and she was soon going to get the grand wedding Ryu had promised her...

Uncle Ye looked at the smiling but teary face and frowned.With a frowning face he said,"Are you really sure?I have a really good biker friend..you would lose the chance to become his Old Lady...Or if you do not want so much excitement then i have a friend who is a doctor..Loves to talk about animal butts and all since he is a vet but he is a decent looking fellow..Or you can marry that police guy,the one who had his front teeth crooked,he got dental surgery done and may be suitable.You could choose...There are so many options..."

All four brothers: "..."

Alicia laughed out loud at her uncle's comments and the look of amazement on the brothers' faces and spoke while clutching her belly,"Uncle Ye,you need to stop teasing them!Look at their poor faces!"

She continued laughing and uttered in between,"I am pretty sure uncle Ye has good options but Ryu Long has something that nobody does..."

Uncle Ye: "if you are talking about that little energetic fellow who insisted on calling me Grandpa,I met downstairs then you are right.This Ryu Long has at least good genes..and breeds well.But he has not taught the boy anything!From where do I look like a grandfather?",He roared the last sentence.

Neil:"..." Neil looked at Uncle Ye and thought to himself,"from where do you not look like a grandfather?"

Alicia did not answer Uncle Ye and just looked at him with shining eyes.Finally uncle Ye relented and harrumphed,"Ok then,even though you are not worthy of my girl,she has set her heart on you so I will agree to the wedding."

With that Uncle Ye got up and went to where Ryu was standing."Come here and greet me properly now son-in law."Ryu took a step back and gave a deep bow to Uncle Ye, who then grabbed his hand and whispered in a tone that only the two of them could hear,"I have not mentioned the first promise you made to me .But I have not forgotten...Remember to love her for forever.Otherwise,I will not let you have peace."

With that Uncle ye gave a hearty laugh as if he had not just threatened Ryu and said,"Now come,we need to have breakfast."

Uncle Ye went to move towards the exit of the room when suddenly he stopped.He whipped around to stare at Ryu and said in a demanding voice,"Is this a shotgun wedding?Is that why you arranged a wedding so soon?"He turned to look at Alicia's middle which looked normal and then turned back to look at Ryu. Alicia had turned crimson and even Ryu could feel his ears heat up.

In a strangled voice he answered,"No sir...I just wanted to surprise her..."

Uncle Ye stared at Ryu for a minute,during which the mighty Ryu Long almost gave in to the urge to fidget and then harrumphed,"Stupid city punks!Cannot do anything right!At least he had the good sense to give me an elder grandson!"Cursing Ryu for not getting Alicia pregnant yet,Uncle Ye went out of the room grumbling to himself.

The others in the room were at a loss of what to say and quietly followed him towards the dining room!