Chapter 111 - Before The Rehearsal Dinner

Alicia was on cloud nine after receiving so many surprises.She had finally been updated on the surprise wedding. Ryu,Neil,Matt and Ah Hai had planned the wedding beautifully.She sighed blissfully.They had booked the entire hotel for the weekend and all the services had been made available for the guests without any charges.Wang Xiao and Li Xingming had informed her that they were going to avail all the beauty services all day today and tomorrow..She smiled at their simplicity and looked around at al the beautiful people gathered here.All the kids from the orphanage were running around freely.The coordinator of the orphanage told her all about how Ryu's company had sponsored all the children's education for the next 10 years and offered them many scholarsh.i.p.s.Alicia's heart was full to the point of bursting..He had too big a heart...No wonder people called him heartless,if anyone knew of his generosity there would always be someone trying to use him for his gain...These days it was better to be known as heartless than kind.

After the morning gathering,everyone went to enjoy the activities that had been arranged.A small picnic had been planned for the children,near a lake. Ru had made many friends and he also joined the party to go for a lakeside picnic.

The wedding planner,who had finally seen the bride-to-be sighed to herself.No wonder that scary man was besotted with this woman.The woman was beautiful but what was captivating was her light.She shone brighter than a flame, attracting everyone near her...

The planner admired her a bit more and then approached her to take her to the spa for some rejuvenation and relaxation.Not that this bride needed any treatment.As she looked closely,Alicia did not have even a speck of make up on her skin...but was still glowing...

Uncle Ye had gone back to his room to rest after his journey and all four Long brothers were now back togather.

Neil:"Should we bring Assistant Yang now?He needs to know of your wedding to attend it."

Ryu:"Not yet.Yang is a spy.We all know that.If we use emotions and bring him here,then he will have no choice to report back the location.If he doesn't then Mr X will start suspecting him.But this way,we can send across the message that I do not trust Yang fully."

Neil:"But are you sure he won't be able to find about the wedding and about us?"

Ryu smiled a small smile and answered,"The decoys we have used are foolproof and I have tried to keep Alicia's information as suppressed I can.So he has a general idea of our location,he cannot know for sure unless he checks all the hotels in the area..."

This time there was no room for mistake...

After chatting some more,Ryu went back to his room while Matt and Neil went sightseeing.There were many lakes and parks around here making an ideal spot for tourists.

Ryu thought to rest for a while as it was seldom that he had any free time to just waste away.However,before he could reach his room,Ryu saw a gloomy and lost in thought Ah Hai standing near the windows with his hands in his pockets.

Ryu called out to him and gestured to follow.Ah Hai smoothed out his expressions and followed his Big Bro.Once in the room,Ryu poured them both a drink and put a glass in front of Ah Hai.

"What has you worried?",Ryu asked his little brother.

Ah Hai schooled his features and answered blankly,"Nothing."

Ryu stared at him and then on a sigh said,"Ah Hai. I am your big brother.Yes,your blank face has improved while in the army.But you cannot lie to me.If you do not wish to share,then just say it.Do not mock me by trying to make that silly face and answer with a nothing.Understood?"

Ah Hai looked like a guilty boy and said,"Brother,I know you did not want me to go into the army but you respected my decision even though I have also worried you with my stubbornness. When I came back this time,I was set on rescuing you from another hurtful marriage.I used to think you were always somber so I thought that is how you had always been.However these past fer days I have seen you smile and grin freey like never before.Was this what you were like in the past?And if you were,then how can you not resent us?Resent me?You gave your youth to care for us ,to take care of me.If you had let me go with those relatives or into foster care then you would have been this happy earlier.After all 2nd and 3rd bro were older and they could have manged."

Ryu looked at Ah Hai and understood now what was tormenting him...He wanted to soothe his brother's fears but that was not his forte.He almost wished Neil was here...But it seems he would have to come clean.

"Ah Hai,keeping you with me,the reason was not because I loved you too much or because you were a duty.I fought for you only for my selfish reasons.To me,you were the best thing our parents left me.Out of four of us,your personality and looks resembled Dad the most.I could always see him in your eyes.It gave me support.Ah Hai,you were never a burden.Whenever I came home feeling defeated and drained,your eyes full of hero worship would make me feel invincible.It is because of you that I have never given up.And regarding me being happy,even if I had let you go with those people,I would have gained happiness only if I had met Alicia.So stop torturing yourself or I am going to set Neil after you."

Ah Hai looked at his brother with tears in his eyes and said,"I am lucky to have such awesome brothers." With that, he gave his brother a hug like he used to when he was still a kid.Moving back,he bared his teeth in a semblance of a smile and said,"See this,there is no need to call 2nd bro.He will tease me until I want to punch him!"

Ah Hai moved towards the door as if scared that Neil would appear any second to tease him.He had just come out of the door when he heard Big Bro's mocking voice,"Ah Hai,close your mouth.That is not a smile.If your new fiance sees you like this,she will run for the hills." and closed the door inhis face.

Ah Hai looked shocked and thought to himself,"Oh oh oh ....Now I know that 2nd brother always claims rightly that he is like first brother!"They both have the same twisted sense of humor.