Chapter 112 - Before the Rehearsal

As Alicia was on her way back to her room,she was thinking life was good.She had found herself a great man to love.Soon she was going to start her studies and move towards fulfilling her dream.The awesome family she had gained was a bonus.Everything is the world was perfect.She was feeling relaxed and looking forward to having a nap in her room.She knew that Ru had gone out with the other children and assumed that Ryu was probably somewhere out with his brothers.That typhoon had not let her rest last night and she didn't think she was going to get any rest today either.

She grinned at that thought.Not that she had an objection to not resting and doing that.She was going to be a willing participant.Her face reflected her thoughts and was blushing profusely.But she needed her beauty sleep or she was going to look like a panda tomorrow.

However,even the best laid plans are usually ruined.This was no exception.Alicia was again 'kidnapped'.And by the same abductor.

She frowned at Neil who had pulled her hand into his and was now escorting her somewhere and said,"Neil,are you thinking of changing professions?Even if you are,there is no need to be so extreme.You are a representative of the law.No need to become a criminal by kidnapping people.And even if you are interested in becoming a criminal,do some white collar crimes.Kidnapping is dangerous..."

Neil:"..." Becoming a criminal was okay?

Neil shook his head and dragged her into Uncle Ye's room closing the door behind them.Uncle Ye was sitting on the couch with his eyes closed and looking rested.By the time he had come back to his room,his skin had been pale and breathing heavy from exhaustion. His eyes opened at the sound of the door closing and he looked up.At the sight of Alicia standing there,he patted the place next to him.Then he glared at Neil and said,"why are you still here,city punk?"

Neil casually leaned against the door and said,"same reason as yours Mr owner."

Alicia looked between these two and wondered once again their connection.Uncle Ye was the one who had sent her here three years ago.Later when she had asked uncle how he knew Neil,uncle had evaded the answer and said they met when Neil came as a tourist.Neil too answered similarly.But hundreds of tourists passed through uncle's cafe and he did not have that kind of bickering rapport with anyone else as he was very prickly.

Uncle Ye had frown lines an his head and said,"You are not needed here.I am akin to her father, so I have made the preparations."

"Well I am her brother so I have prepared something too.!"

Alicia felt her head spin at their arguments and interrupted loudly,"What are you people even fighting about?"

The fighting pair answered simultaneously,"Your Dowry!"

Alicia:"..."

Finally regaining her senses,Alicia said,"Which century are we living in?What dowry?"

Uncle Ye who was glaring at Neil turned to glare at Alicia now,"Alice little girl,it does not matter which century this is.I have prepared a red packet for you and you dare not refuse it!"

"Well so have I!And if you refuse that then don't expect me to talk to you."insisted Neil. That said both Uncle Ye and Neil held her hands and placed a thick envelope in each hand."But..."

"No buts."Both replied in sync.

Alicia opened the red packet and saw that uncle Ye had signed over half the share of his little restaurant to her.All the certificate needed was her signature to make it official...

Alicia felt emotions block her throat.She tried speaking but no words came out...She tried again and said,"Uncle Ye,I cannot accept..."

Before she could finish,Uncle Ye interrupted,"Al,you are like my own child and I don't have any children of my own.Let me do this for you.Consider it my blessings for your future and my penance for not realizing sooner the hell,you were living in."Uncle Ye's met Neil's eyes,silently thanking him as well and opening his eyes.Neil have a simple nod of acknowledgement.

Alicia was now crying continuously.She knew that her uncle had also assumed that she was emotionally unstable after her mother's passing.Only some passerby had noticed her depression and brought it to uncle's attention. She was thankful for that person's observation skills.

Neil went to her and holding her in his arms said,"Hey Al pal,why are you being a cry baby?Do you not consider us family?"She nodded against his c.h.e.s.t and then moving back said a tearful thank you.

Alicia then saw the gift Neil prepared for her.Inside the red packet were share transfer certificates.He had bought about 1 percent of shares of Lance Inc. under her name.She opened her mouth to refuse him but he understood her intention and made her go quiet."Al,you are my sister.Let me do this for you.Hmm?"

Alicia nodded slowly and after awhile when her tears were under control,she went back to her room.

Her earlier cheerfulness had disappeared and her swollen eyes stood testament to her crying bout.She decided to immediately ice her eyes and rest so that her eyes would be better.She cursed her unruly tears.They always acted up.Whether she was sad or happy they had to flow out of her eyes!

Once at the room,Alicia opened the door with a key card but realized there was someone already in the room.The lights were on and the air conditioner was set on full cooling.She put down the envelopes she was holding and moved to check the room.Was Ryu here?Or as there some one else?