Chapter 123 - The Return

Alicia and Ryu finally reached their original destination on the 5th day of their honeymoon. Alicia had not given thought to the fact that they would be visiting her home and village as well before going back.She had assumed that their visit would be postponed indefinitely since they were moving out of the country after this...There were a couple of reasons she wanted to go there but the biggest was that she wanted to visit her parents and take Ryu along to their graves.

They finally reached the village in the evening and Alicia showed Ryu into the house. Ryu looked around the garden as he waited for Alicia to open the door.After a careful look he realized that the garden in Al's house on Neil's estate was actually a miniature version of this place.She had made a home away from her home.Once they entered the home,Ryu expected to come across a homely place but the living room was empty of all furniture.The house had an open layout and the colors were warm and inviting.The only inconsistent thing was the lack of furniture.He looked at Alicia closely and realized that the look was not shocking to her.So he too decided to ignore it and followed Alicia up the stairs to her room.

Her room was decorated in pink all over.But this room did not look like the present her.It gave him a glimpse of the happy and focused Alicia of the past.There were no posters of bands or anything else.Instead there were pictures her mother and her on one wall and the other wall hosted a pin board filled with old to do notes containing mathematics formulas and economic graphs.It resembled the room of a nerd instead of a beautiful girl.

Alicia happily showed Ryu around the house and they finally settled in the kitchen.Their bags had already been sent here and Ryu decided to do some of his work since he had been MIA for the past week.Helping him set up the wi fi,Alicia then set out towards the market to get groceries for them.

Another reason for Alicia to come here last week had been an opportunity.An opportunity for revenge and saving an innocent had presented itself.She had been looking forward to that as well.

But the surprise had wiped out that d.e.s.i.r.e and she had forgotten all about it.However it was not too late.

The village had not changed much in the past few years and the stores were all the same.Though what had changed were the people working in the stores and her own looks.

At the entrance of the store was a big stand that held newspapers and magazines.Picking up a newspaper at random,she was amused to see the picture..It was a picture of her and Ryu but only their backs were visible..

Seeing a beautiful smiling girl, a teenager in the store's uniform approached her."Hello Mam.May I help you?"

Alicia looked up at the nervous teenager and shook her head,"No thank you.I know what I need.I was just looking at the news of this wedding.."

The teenager smiled and nodded,"Yes mam.This news of the Rainbow Wedding has made the sale of our newspapers and magazines sky rocket.All the girls come everyday and buy the editions to save the cuttings for their own wedding ideas.And today they finally released a picture of the wedding dresses of the groom and the bride.All the boutiques and aunties came and took all the newspapers and all the brides want the same gown!It is a mess..I don't know what they will do tomorrow night when the pictures of the bride and groom are released on the internet!"

The boy had forgotten his nervousness as he talked about the sales.Realizing that he had been babbling to a customer,he turned a bit red and excused himself.Just then he saw a familiar face and called out,"Brother Alex!How come you are here?"

Alicia stiffened at the name and her eyes turned cold.Without pausing to turn around,Alicia made her way towards the deli section.

Alex,who had just entered the store saw a familiar back and stared at her.He knew that back too well!Tomorrow was his engagement party...He felt a premonition..The new house owner of the Alicia's old house had finally made an appearance and now Alicia was here too...Something bad was bound to happen...

Even knowing all this,Alex was like a moth to flame.He couldn't stop himself even if he would get burnt.. He followed the woman's receding back to confront her.His brother was going to be back tomorrow and them coming face to face with the past would be detrimental to all of them.

Seeing her standing at the deli,Alex called out,"Alicia!"

Alicia turned around and stared at the offending man in front of her and drawled coldly,"Ahh..mosquito is back."