'36

Kano,Nigeria

10th March,2016(present day)

Gate well hospital

12:40Am

***************

His speeches was punctured by disturbances,but he was used to that,and he sat down in uproar.His supporter was Sani Dangyadi from sokoto.you will remember that he was the headmaster of sokoto school when I was a teacher there,fresh from katsina.now he was a sokoto councilor.He looks like an old man and very frail and speaks with a very quiet voice in slow gentle English.At this particular moment he was still a little ruffled over a small scene which had occurred round him earlier in the morning.

"Did you hear that Amaani??intresting"

     It would be a gross mistake (he said)if we were to commit our selves as required by the original motion.In this world of uncertainty,who will venture to take such unplanned responsibility?in the face of all these glaring prospects that may tend to deceive the minds and if some  Honourable member anything may happen.

on Finishing my last words i felt a hand touched my skin softly turning my head to the  right i saw Amaani on the hospital bed her eyes wide open looking at me.

"Ooh my God AMAANI you're awake"And the doctors came in running.

"Everything seems to be fine for now,we'll run some test on her,I think their will be no need for her to see a therapist but you need to make sure she's okay mentally and emotionally"

"Thank you doctor"MR.Amin said with a big beautiful smile on his face.

"A-A-Abba"Amaani called trying to reach for my hand.

"you know i was reading you( MY LIFE)-SIR AHMADU BELLO,THE SARDAUNA OF SOKOTO.

"You need to rest Amaani please"i added.

"How long has it been?"

"Almost a year"

"This long?"

"you've been in a coma,eight months now"and her eyes fell off as if recalling the incident of the day-12th of July 2015.

(And she got you engaged)

The words echoed in her mind and it brought tears to her eyes,I couldn't help look at her I hugged her and said soothing words into her ears

"Where's everyone Abba?where's Mami?"she asked worriedly after a  long silence.

"They'll be here soon"

"Don't you have work to attend to?"

"This is my work princess"I said with a smile.