FOURTY - ONE

"Jesus!" The King called

"Jesus!" The King called. "It pleases me to see you old friend."

"It pleases him, indeed!" Another man, fully dressed in red and standing to the left of the throne, called out.

"Jerry." The King sighed before turning his attention back to Jesus. "Tell me, what news do you bring good King Ezekiel? Are these new allies you've brought me?"

"Indeed they are, Your Majesty." Jesus nodded. "This is..." He turned around, trailing off when he saw the state the group was in. They were huddled up, still near the doorway, all in shock and sharing looks at what sat before them. "Oh, right. I forgot to mention that—" Jesus started, walking back towards the group.

"Yeah, a tiger." Rick nodded. The tiger roared loudly as Jesus turned back to the King.

"This is Rick Grimes, the leader of Alexandria, and these are some of his people." Jesus said, leading the group down the isle towards the stage.

"I welcome you all to the Kingdom, good travelers." The King spoke. "Now, what brings you to our fair land? Why do you seek an audience with the King?"

"Ezekiel-King...Ezekiel." Rick started. "Alexandria, the Hilltop, and the Kingdom-all three of our communities have something in common. We all serve the Saviors. Alexandria already fought them once, and we won. We thought we took out the threat, but we didn't know then what we know now. We only beat one outpost. We've been told you have a deal with them, that you know them. That you know they rule through violence and fear." The King looked away from Rick, narrowing his eyes at Jesus.

"Your Majesty, I only them of the-" Jesus started.

"Our deal with the Saviors is not known among my people-for good cause." The King interrupted. "We made you a party to that secret when you told us of the Hilltop's own travails, but we did not expect you to share-"

"We can help each other!" Jesus interrupted.

"Don't interrupt the King." Jerry spoke.

"We brought you into our confidence." The King continued. "Why did you break it?"

"Because I want you to hear Rick's plans." Jesus said.

"And what plans have you, Rick Grimes of Alexandria?" The King looked back to Rick.

"We came to ask the Kingdom, to ask you, to join us in fighting the Saviors, fighting for freedom for all of us." Rick said.

"What you are asking is very serious." The King said, putting a hand on the tiger who'd stood up once again.

"Several of our people-good people-were killed the Saviors, brutally." Michonne said, stepping forward next to Rick.

"Who?" Morgan asked.

"Abraham. Glenn. Spencer, Olivia." Rosita listed. "Eugene was taken. Daryl and Luna were too. Luna was let go, and Daryl escaped. Every second he's out here, he's a target. You gonna say you were right?"