Star Spangled Men with a Plan

----- June 23, 1943 - Brooklyn, New York -----

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a day since Erskine died, and Steve and I were back in the building getting blood drawn. They had gotten six vials from Steve when pulled down his leave and asked, "Think you got enough?"

We trade places and I pull up my sleeve when Peggy answers, "Any hope of reproducing the program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine, it could take years." One of the nurses injects a needle into one of my veins and begins drawing blood.

"He deserved more than what happened," I speak up.

"If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you two," Peggy tells us. And soon after she said this, the needle that was still in my arm snapped in half, with a part of it still in my arm.  

I look down at the injection spot to see it completely healed over, "Is this normal?" The nurse grabs another needle but as soon as it makes contact with my skin, it bends without breaking the skin. I look over to Steve, "So we heal extremely fast?" He pulls up his sleeve and peels the gauge off his arm. But the needle mark was still there. He puts the gauge back on his arm, "Seems it's just you."

"Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers," We hear from the next room.

I pull down my sleeve and follow Steve and Peggy to the next room. They were taking a look at the submarine the man who murdered Erskine tried to escape in. 

"Great. Why don't we start with how a German spy got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" Colonel Philips said to one of the men from yesterday before turning to Howard Stark, who was standing just next to the submarine, "What have we got here?"

"Speaking modestly, I'm the best mechanical engineer in this country. But I don't know what's inside this thing or how it works. We're not even close to this technology," Stark tells the Colonel. That wasn't very modest at all.

"Then who is?" the man who came in with the Colonel asks.

"HYDRA. I'm sure you've been reading our briefings."

"I'm on a number of committees, Colonel."

"HYDRA is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions," Peggy says to the man. Hydra. As in the multiheaded water serpent from Greek Mythology?

"HYDRA's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible," The Colonel adds.

"So what are you gonna do about it?" The other man asks him.

"Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked. We are taking the fight to HYDRA. Pack your bags Agent Carter. You too, Stark. You're flying to London tonight," Colonel Philips says before turning to walk off.

But Steve speaks up before he leaves, "Sir, if you're going after Schmidt, I want in." 

"Me too. With us, your chances of catching the bastard is higher," I also tell him.

"You're an experiment. You two going to Alamogordo."

"The serum worked," Steve insists.

"I asked for an army and all I got was you two. Neither of you are enough."

"My skin apparently heals faster than something that could potentially damage it and I'm not enough?," I state. He looks at me a bit surprised at what I said but he still says, "As true as that may be, we have no idea how long that may last. My decision is final, You're going to Alamogordo."