Chapter twelve

Third person POV-

"Mr. Harris, we know you killed her. Just admit it."

Messiah looked at the cop and sighed heavily. The cop had tried to threaten and force the truth out of Messiah. Each time Messiah did indeed tell his truth to the answers he was asking.

"I didn't kill her."

The cop narrowed his eyes at Messiah. He then heavily sighed sitting down in the chair, folding his arms on the table.

"The faster you confess the easier it will be."

Messiah nodded his head showing he understood. "So you're ready to tell the truth now?" Messiah then nodded his head once more shifting in his seat.

"The dead girl, she was your sister, yes?"

"She was."

The cop took some time to write on a piece of paper on the table. "When was the last time you've seen her before she died."

"Seventeen years ago."

The cop nodded his head already knowing this. "She was reported missing, correct?"

"She was."

"Did you have a clue where she was?"

"No sir, I did not."

Messiah considered that the truth. He didn't know where Mayla was. He didn't even know what Justus had done to her so if anything he was only telling his truth.

"Were you two close?"

"We were but we stopped talking right before she went missing."

"And why did you stop talking?"

Messiah slightly leaned back in the chair as his handcuffed hands laid in his lap. "She wanted me to be with my daughter's mother."

"And you didn't?"

"No."

"And why not?"

Messiah huffed. "Because she didn't want my daughter in the first place."

"What's your daughters name?"

"Delilah."

The cop nodded again. "What was her name?" Messiah looked confused for a second. He didn't know if he was once again referring to Delilah or if he was referring to someone else.

"Your daughters mother. What's her name?"

"Shana."

"Okay okay, where is she- do you know?"

Once again Messiah said no because he didn't know where her body was.

"Well then- do you know anybody that would want to harm Mayla?"

Messiah shook his head no. The cop then followed that question with another one. "Did you want to harm Mayla?"

"No, I didn't want to harm her." He answered truthfully like he had been doing all along.

"Have you ever thought about killing her?" Messiah once again answered no. The cop almost rolled his eyes. He thought Messiah had to had been lying about something and he wanted to desperately point something out.

"Mayla had burns on her. Do you know what from."

"When she showed up at my door she said she had been in a fire."

"Do you know what caused the fire?"

Messiah didn't know what caused the fire, he only knew who started the fire and to him those were two different questions so he had answered truthfully and said 'no'.