Wedding Day Part 3

The guests begin to disperse towards the location of the reception. Chris and Daphne, along with the rest of the bridal party, stay behind for photos.  They're both surrounded by words of congratulations and swarmed with hugs. The couple can't seem to lose the smiles that have invaded their faces and hearts.

  Cynthia leads the group back up to the front to begin full bridal party photos. "We'll take a few minutes for party pics and then release everyone except Chris and Daphne."

  The photographers assistant steps in and begins directing everyone into place. She steps back and let's everyone know if they can't see the camera then the camera can't see them.

  The photographer counts down and begins clicking away as the assistant changes poses every few moments. As quickly as they began the bridal party is released and everyone leaves except the bride and groom.

  Chris keeps glancing at his watch making himself aware of the time. Looking over at Cynthia she gives him a discreet thumbs up.

  The assistant takes Daphne's bouquet from her and instructs them to just be themselves with one another; feel the moment. She tells them the photographer will snap away as they just enjoy this time together.

  Following her direction is easy for both of them as all they want to do is hold each other. Chris first stands behind Daphne, wrapping an arm around the top of her chest and kisses the top of her head. Daphne's hands grasp his arm that rests across her and turns her head with her eyes closed. Click.

  Daphne then lifts her head to look at Chris as he moves his head to return the look with a smirk. Click.

  Daphne comes to stand behind Chris, leaning her head on his shoulder, hand clasped with his. She closes her eyes while Chris looks at the camera. Click.

  He turns to face her. She looks up deep in his eyes. Click. He cups her cheeks with his hand and places a gentle kiss on her forehead. Click.

  Quickly, he lifts Daphne by the waist and spins earning a hearty laugh from his bride as she wraps her hands around his neck. Click, click, click. 

  The assistant instructs them to walk back down the aisle as the trees frame the image. Chris leans into Daphne's ear as they walk and whispers, "I can't wait to cover your entire body with kisses." Click goes the camera capturing the deep blush rising in Daphne's cheeks and the large grin across Chris's face.

  They stop mid aisle as Chris goes back behind Daphne. He wraps his arms around her waist as Daphne lifts her hand to reach around and hold Chris's head. They look longingly at one another. Click.

  The photographer says he's happy with what he's captured. "So we can head to the reception then?" Daphne asks Cynthia.

As Cynthia is about to answer Daphne they hear the sound of sirens close to the park. "Oh no! I hope nothing is terribly wrong," she says looking at Chris. "What are you smiling for? Shouldn't your firefighter EMT instincts be itching to help?"

Chris shakes his head with a small laugh. "Nope. Not today." He takes her and walks her closer to the road just outside the park. A vintage fire engine pulls up directly in front of them. Daphne gives Chris an inquisitive look as she sees Chris shake hands with the man that hops out of the truck. The second man that comes around is Chief Parrs. "Chris?" She asks.

"Mr. and Mrs. Evans, I'm Chief Dryer of the Savannah fire department," he says introducing himself to the couple.

"It's nice to meet you," Daphne says still confused.

"I really appreciate it this Chief Dryer," Chris tells him.

"Well," the Chief starts, "your chariot awaits." He
guides them around to the back.