Chapter 411 - 413

Chapter 411

Gu Shishi was a bit baffled. "Uncle?" (2)

Zhang Sheng smiled bitterly, “You were not in good health back then; how could I let you travel?”

He was in the transportation business and had to travel excessively in the early years.

She was a woman who was more assertive than most other women and had been travelling back and forth with him and that had negatively impacted her health.

Young couples turn into old partners.

He had always been respectful to her and, when they were both close to retirement age, he felt that there was nothing more important than the two of them being healthy together to the very end.

“If she didn’t listen to you over the phone, you think she will listen to you in person?”

Zhang Sheng shook his head. He moved onto massaging her calves after he was done with her shoulder.

“She was very adamant about marrying Gu Jiangxin back then and didn’t care that her parents objected to the marriage.

“Now that she had been the Madam of the family for so many years and is even more stubborn on matters of her daughter, this is not something that we can get involved.”

When Chen Yunping felt that her hair was more or less dried, she turned the light off and pulled her husband’s hand next to her.

“I felt that Wushuang was a hypocritical one. Should we find a chance and meet up with Shishi? As stubborn as your little sister is, we should still try to get it through to her. What else is she going to do when she gets old? You are older than her. You can’t take care of her in her golden years.”

Hearing what his wife was saying, Zhang Sheng couldn't help but sighed.

His little sister had been spoiled since she was a child. Being married for 20 years and probably had only socialized with the other wealthy wives, her judgement of people had gotten progressively worse.

“I’ll just tell her point blank tomorrow and bring her back to the capital with us.”

She was divorced and she didn’t want her own daughter.

Then her only option was to return to her own family.

He was not a big fan of the adopted daughter Gu Wushuang either.

She had an innocent look on her but something just looked off about her.

He, too, was one who had daughters and sisters.

He had a pretty good idea what a truly simple wealthy girl was like.

“Mmm.”

Chen Yunping nodded in agreement.

Gu Wushuang asked her uncle and aunty to breakfast personally the next morning.

Zhang Wen, Mother Gu, looked as sad as she was before. She had a black cardigan over her sleep wear and looking pretty disheveled. She forced a smile at Zhang Sheng and his wife.